FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Windows Media Center 2005 support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Windows Media Center 2005 support? Reply with quote

Hi, I am a first time user here and I must say...wow! I am speechless! You guys have done an incredible job with this app and if I hadn't stumbled upon it while looking for bluetooth remote controls for the pc then I would have never found this amazing software. It should be advertized on palmgear.com...you will get alot of new users and recognition.

To my question at hand... Is there support or is there planned support for windows media center 2005 edition? I am using an app right now called BTremote 1.1 to send simple keyboard-type commands to my pc to control media center at the moment. Things like up/down, enter, etc. Now with the incredible interface that Salling clicker has I think it would be really amazing to have support for Media Center.

I am also very involved in graphics design and implimentation for PDA/PC's. If you would like my help designing an interface or anything for Media Center I would be more than happy to help. I don't do code however so I would need you guys for that ;)

Thanks for this incredible app!!

~*Apollo*~

(You can see some of my previous graphics design work [b][url=http://www.taptarget.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=758]HERE[/url][/b]

And [b][url=http://www.taptarget.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665]HERE[/url][/b]
Apollo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of some basic tutorials on how to code for this app. All media center uses is keyboard commands. Backspace, enter, up, down, left, right, play, pause, volume up/down and mute...I can't imagine these would be hard but the cooler way to go would be to have something like Media Player where it will display the current item you are playing, details on the track, you can scrub through the song to find where you want, and you can view playlists and such...how hard would stuff like this be to do?

Thanks
~*Apollo*~
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I will post a small sample script later that you should be able to extend/adapt to do some simple navigational stuff with MCE.

Also, I'm still waiting for my Shuttle, so I don't have anything to test with yet.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Shuttle system arrived today, but the GPU I ordered with it has too big of a heatpipe-contraption to actually fit in the case. Bummer.

I'm not really a DIY kind of guy when it comes to hardware... ;-)

Cheers.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: