FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

PLEASE HELP !! How to install Salling Clicker on Nokia 6255

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxmit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP !! How to install Salling Clicker on Nokia 6255 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have a Nokia 6255 ... See I know there are two steps ..

1] Download and install the 4.2 MB software on the laptop
2] second point your phone to http://wap.salling.com

but can someone help me .. my phone is LISTED in the list of phones the Salling works on .. but how to make it work ?? PLEASE HELP as it is really frustrating now !!

I have downloaded the ".jad" file on my laptop from the wap site and then transfered it to the phone .. but that does not support it ! so how do I install it on the phone then .. !!

If the administrator is vieweing this .. can you please provide me with the setup for NOKIA 6255 (CDMA)

Thanx

Maxmit
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmit,

You should point your phone's browser to wap.salling.com. Seems to me, you pointed your computer's web browser instead. This will not work.

There are two supported ways of installing the Java software on Nokia phones:

1. wap.salling.com (from your phone)

2. Nokia's PC Suite. If you have it, and your phone is connected to it, you can double-click the file SallingClicker.jar:

[code:1]
C:\Program Files\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Handheld Clients\MIDP\SallingClicker.jar
[/code:1]

I recommend alternative #1, as it is easier unless you're comfortable with PCSuite.

Unfortunately, Nokia made it difficult to install software on their phones. Not much I can do about it.

Best.
--
Jonas
maxmit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Problem still remains Reply with quote

Thanx Joans,

Unfortunately .. I am located in India .. and my Phone provider is not alloowing me to connect to the wap.salling.com !! hence not able to use alternative #1

However I do have PC Suite .. but can you tell me from where do I download the ".jar" file from .. when I went to the http://wap.salling.com site using my laptop .. I downloaded a ".jad" file how do I download the ".jar" file ??

Can you send me a link from where I could possible download????

PLEASE HELP .. I really want to use this software as it is beneficial to me at my work place !!

Thanx

Hoping you can help me out
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see my previous post. I've told you exactly where on your hard drive the jar file is.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: