FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Future support for Motorola i870

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Future support for Motorola i870 Reply with quote

I just purchased a Montorola i870 for use with the Nextel system. The phone has bluetooth built in. I have searched the forums for any mention of the 870 and have seen nothing. I did read that Salling was going to support a host of new Motorola phones, but it did not list any specifics.

So, I hate to ask a question that you must get asked 100 times a day, but is there any future support for the i870? If it is in the cards, you would make me one happy Mac/Nextel user and a paying Salling customer.

Thanks,

John
scottlitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought an i870 and would love to purchase your software to control my iMac G5 over bluetooth. When will this be available?
jap3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The author of the software emailed me and said that since nextel is an american (USA) system, he doesn't have access to an i870. I've thought about offering my phone on loan, but I use it too much and don't have a spare.
NextBoy88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Working on it! Reply with quote

I am helping Jonas with support for the i870! We are hoping to have a solution soon.
mjustins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for testing :)
jarpod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: yeah! support for i870! Reply with quote

Jonas, please I now have 2 unsupported phones! the nokia 9300 and the nextel i870 I WANT MY CLICKER!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
I CRY EVERY NIGHT IM WITHOUT IT!!! SNIFF SNIFF
hope to see something new with these.
best regards!
IRUY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Working on it! Reply with quote

[quote="NextBoy88"]I am helping Jonas with support for the i870! We are hoping to have a solution soon.[/quote]

Any news?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Working on it! Reply with quote

I think the conclusion was that it isn't possible.

You've welcome to give it a shot. Please install the client from wap.salling.com

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="IRUY"][quote="NextBoy88"]I am helping Jonas with support for the i870! We are hoping to have a solution soon.[/quote]

Any news?[/quote]
tbot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: i580.... Reply with quote

I recently just got an I580 for work reasons and was doing some research on the phone and found that it does support jsr-82 AND motorola has an SDK for the phone as well...the link is:

[url]http://developer.motorola.com/?path=1.2.6.25.353[/url]

Jonas, I don't know if this would be of any help in making SC successful on this phone or possibly other IDEN phones. Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tbot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: more nextel info Reply with quote

Again in my searching, I found that the only way to load java apps to a nextel phone is through nextels mobile manager (under your account online). I tried to instal a motorola version, but the "VM class" has a loading error. It said that it was an unsupported type. I don't know if this would help at all in developement, I hope it does. Thanks.

tBot

edit: I think this is key to making this work. Some other apps that say they won't work with next, such as google maps, works when installed this way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: