FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

MobileSync, Entourage and SE w800i

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: MobileSync, Entourage and SE w800i Reply with quote

Hi,
I just got the Sony Ericsson w800i - great phone and it syncronized perfectly the first two times. then it started acting a bit weird saying that the phone was out of memory. It looked like it wanted to copy all my contacts instead of updating it - do any of you know of this problem?

RTM
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MobileSync, Entourage and SE w800i Reply with quote

How many contacts are you syncing? Also, are you syncing this phone with more than one application or computer?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="RTM"]Hi,
I just got the Sony Ericsson w800i - great phone and it syncronized perfectly the first two times. then it started acting a bit weird saying that the phone was out of memory. It looked like it wanted to copy all my contacts instead of updating it - do any of you know of this problem?

RTM[/quote]
RTM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a mill for your quick reply.

I get this message:
There are 246 free positions, but the synchronization would require at least 264....

I have only changed a few (read 3-5 contacts)

/RTM
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the error message may be correct in that case. You're pushing the envelope, reaching the limit of what the phone can hold.

I recommend you create a category for contacts to be synchronized to reduce the load on the phone.

Best.
--
Jonas
RTM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i try just to syncronize one category, in which there are NO contacts it still wants to add 254 new contacts to my entourage - that can not be right - then I will have double up of all my contacts :-(

I have heard about people having troubles syncronizing their W800i on Windows but not with entourage.

I am sorry about all these questions - Hope you can still help me :-)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I think at this point, due to the previous overload, MobileSync may have "lost sync" with the phone, so it thinks the phone contacts are new.

If Entourage has all your contacts in it, and you can afford to lose the contacts currently in your phone, do this:

1. Remove all contacts in the phone; from Contacts, select Delete All (or similarly named command). Do *not* delete the contacts one-by-one.

2. Sync against the desired category in Enrourage.

3. Add contacts to the Entourage category

4. Sync.

This should hopefully work.

- jonas
RTM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again,

i have now deleted all my contacts on my phone, and syncronized again. This worked fine - when i wanted to sync. one more time it came up with the same message as before.
Then i tried to sync only one categori where i changed one message - when done that it wanted to add 254 contacts to my Entourage (254 is my total amout of contacts) and 1 contact to my phone (correct)

hope to hear soon!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I don't understand. You did exactly the same thing again, did you not?

Do not synchronize all your contacts, as it seems this will flood your phone. I'm curious to hear how things work if you follow the steps I outlined above.

Best.
--
Jonas
RTM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again,

I did as you proposed. It worked - i got one category on to my phone. But one category is not enough so I tried one more. then it copied all the contacts from the phone on to Enntourage doubling all of them.

I cannot change the categories in my Entourage since i use them on the computer!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here's what you do:

1. Create a category "Synced"

2. Assign this category to the contacts you want to sync.

3. Use this category for syncing.

Please do not mess around trying to synchronize multiple categories. The software doesn't support this and you risk hurting yourself in the process.

As Entourage allows you to assign multiple categories to each contact, I do not see how the scheme presented above could be prevented by your existing categories.

Best.
--
Jonas
RTM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

Now it works perfectly - actually i tried to categorize all my conctacts to the croup "Synced" and they sync without a problem :-)

I have another question though - do you know how to copy all my contacts from Entourage into my Addressbook?
I use bluephoneElite and that programme gets the contacts from Addressbook :-( and not Entourage.

Hope you can help :-)

/rasmus
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.

I don't know the exact steps, but you should export the contacts in vcf (vCard) format and then import that into Address Book.

In fact, drag and drop may do the trick.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="RTM"]Hi Jonas,

Now it works perfectly - actually i tried to categorize all my conctacts to the croup "Synced" and they sync without a problem :-)

I have another question though - do you know how to copy all my contacts from Entourage into my Addressbook?
I use bluephoneElite and that programme gets the contacts from Addressbook :-( and not Entourage.

Hope you can help :-)

/rasmus[/quote]
RTM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

The drag and drop thing worked perfectly.

Thanks a mill

/R
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: