FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

entourage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbnut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: entourage Reply with quote

has any one written a script for entourage that works as the mail script does, ie check/read mail.
Wooden Brain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, but it wouldn't be too hard to adapt. Go for it! Check out macscripters.net for posts on scripting entourage!
Wooden Brain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Check & Read Entourage (Prototype) Reply with quote

Well... I decided to give it a whirl. Here's a pretty rough prototype of a Check & Read Entourage script.

It's based on the mail script, and it bypasses the selection menus per account. Instead you just select a mailbox and view messages.

It will check only POP accounts. It will show only mailboxes at the root level of the hierarchy, not mailbox folders within folders.

bugs may be aplenty!

Comments welcomed, impovements more welcomed!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for picking this one up, Loren. Much appreciated.

Best.
--
Jonas
Wooden Brain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Thanks for picking this one up, Loren. Much appreciated.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

No problem. It's marginally useful to me, too. But if you or someone else wants to clean it up that would be cool. There are probably bugs in it.
numbnut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one :lol:
bry2k

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wooden Brain - have you had a chance to improve this script a bit? How can I make it read unread messages in all folders under "Folders on my computer"? Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm looking at the script right now and I'm wondering if the has_unread_messages() method is the key to making this happen. Is there a way to recursively check subfolders of root folders for unread messages?

Thanks!
ianb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Failing to get this to work Reply with quote

Hi

I've downloaded this script and installed it, but when I run it from my Palm E2, Entourage boots but I don't get a list of my new messages. I don't even get a > next to the 'Check & Read Entourage'

I have Entourage V10.1.6 on a Mac running OSX 10.4.5 and the very latest SC V.3.0.1

Can anybody help me? Or does this script need to be updated?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Failing to get this to work Reply with quote

Hi,

The author said the script is a "pretty rough prototype", so I think it's fair to assume/expect there might be problems in some setups.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ianb"]Hi

I've downloaded this script and installed it, but when I run it from my Palm E2, Entourage boots but I don't get a list of my new messages. I don't even get a > next to the 'Check & Read Entourage'

I have Entourage V10.1.6 on a Mac running OSX 10.4.5 and the very latest SC V.3.0.1

Can anybody help me? Or does this script need to be updated?[/quote]
ianb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I understand that but for me it doesn't do anything other than boot Entourage. I wouldn't have thought he'd have posted a script that fell over so quickly.

I'm presuming therefore that it needs a bit of an update to help it along with SC V.3.0.1

I haven't got a clue how to do it, I was hoping someone else would be able to point me in the right direction though.

:)
Mytzlscript

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Failing to get this to work Reply with quote

[quote="ianb"]Hi

Can anybody help me? Or does this script need to be updated?[/quote]

I downloaded it and got the same response. So, I popped open the Applescript log from the Salling Clicker menu to see what was happening.

The script was failing on this line:
[quote] [color=blue][b]if[/b][/color] [color=green]afolder[/color] [color=blue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]not[/b][/color] «[color=blue]class[/color] pJnk» [color=blue][b]and[/b][/color] [color=green]afolder[/color] [color=blue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]not[/b][/color] [color=blue]drafts folder[/color] [color=blue][b]and[/b][/color] [color=green]afolder[/color] [color=blue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]not[/b][/color] [color=blue]deleted mail folder[/color] [color=blue][b]and[/b][/color] [color=green]afolder[/color] [color=blue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=blue][b]not[/b][/color] [color=blue]out box folder[/color] [color=blue][b]then[/b][/color][/quote]

-------------------------
[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by [url=http://homepage.mac.com/jonn8/as/]Convert Script to Markup Code[/url]]

I briefly searched the Entourage dictionary for junk folder but didn't come up with anything so I removed "afolder is not «class pJnk» and". Worked fine after that.

Hope this helps,
ianb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY :D :lol:

And it now works for me too!

Thank you!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the script may have been written for a newer version of Entourage than what you guys have. That'd explain the lack of a Junk folder in your Entourage dictionaries.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: