FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Set master volume instead of individual volumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard Sleeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Set master volume instead of individual volumes Reply with quote

Hi All

Right What i wanna do is change clicker so instead of adjusting the itunes volume then when it reaches the max point in that then start adjusting the master volume so that it just adjusts the master volume and i can leave the volume of itunes at max. Then the other program i use is VLC I would like to adjust the master volume and leave that programs volume at max. I Know you can ajust it in the menu in vlc but i would like the directional pad on my SE v600i to just do master volume. Im not yet but i will be using DVDplayer and Iphoto and there is music i beleve on the slideshows on that so same again. Im sure this is just a bit of a change around of the scripts but as a newbie coming from girder on a PC this is like japaneese to me.

Excellent program BTW

Lee :)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is rather simple. In order to get the nice "volume meter" feedback on your device, you'll need to also be able to read the system volume. Hence, the existing script code for these controllers isn't suitable.

Fortunately, there's a trivial solution.

First, I suggest you make a copy of the scripts you're going to change. Create a new script, open the original and your new script, copy/paste the source over. This way, you won't risk getting screwed when I release updates.

Second, instead of having the script modify iTunes' volume, use this property on the "SEC Helper" application object:

system sound volume (small real) : the system sound volume (0.0 - 1.0).

You can see how this property is accessed with a slider in the System Volume script.

That's about as verbose I can be at this point, but I think you'll figure it out.

Best.
--
Jonas
Wizard Sleeve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gi
Wizard Sleeve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry Ive played with it for a while now and all i can achieve is the ability to not be able to change the volume at all. Im not really sure where im Suppoosed to be looking. Ive looked in the script for itunes and found The Itunes volume adjustment but everything i try does nothing. could you possibly give an example of what would need to be changed.

Thanks

Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: