FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Help please!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creido

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Help please! Reply with quote

hello all im new to this forum and i recently found out about salling clicker in a site i access...i downloaded the trial for windows with the intention to use it with my nokia 6600..i have a usb bluetooth adapter and bluesoleil software, but i cant install it on my cellphone..anyone can help me?

thanks

EDIT: i use win xp sp2
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Salling Clicker does not, at this point, work with the Bluesoleil stack, so even if you could install the client application on your cell phone, you'd get stuck later on.

In order to use Salling Clicker with your computer, you'd need to switch to the built-in Bluetooth stack in XP SP2. I do not know if your Bluetooth adapter is compatible with SP2, though.

I hope this makes sense.

Best.
--
Jonas
creido

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help, i understood everything..but how do i activate/use the built-in bluetooth software for win xp sp2?
creido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

help any1?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I should have been more specific.

I need to know what Bluetooth adapter you have (exact model), so I can attempt to research whether it's going to be fruitful putting you through the process of moving to the SP2 Bluetooth stack.

Does this make sense?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="creido"]help any1?[/quote]
creido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's called ISSC Bluetooth Device from IVT Corporation..if it isnt compatible with sp2 stack, i wonder if it is with widcomm and how to get it?

thanks in advance
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not able to find anything with google that I feel comfortable posting here. Please try for yourself:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ISSC+Bluetooth+Widcomm

There's a fair chance you could mess things up. Be careful when considering whether to try the suggestions people have posted in the forum threads you'll find using the link above.

As for using the SP2 stack with this device, I think the solution I initially had in mind may not be applicable with this device.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="creido"]it's called ISSC Bluetooth Device from IVT Corporation..if it isnt compatible with sp2 stack, i wonder if it is with widcomm and how to get it?

thanks in advance[/quote]
creido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help, but i got one more question..i am really wanting to have this software running on my pc, so i might buy a new bluetooth usb device..i did a little bit of searching and the Kensington Bluetooth USB Adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001Q5SZ0/sr=1-5/qid=1132876684/ref=pd_bbs_5/104-3061752-6648754?%5Fencoding=UTF8 seemed to be good and had an affordable price...would it work with salling clicker (and with the sp2 stack)?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being persistent.

Here's my advice for now:

- Use your opportunity now to check with Kensington what Bluetooth stacks their dongle works with.

- Salling Clicker is compatible with the MS stack and the Widcomm/broadcom stack.

- Once you receive a dongle, decide whether you want to use it the MS stack or the Widcomm stack (if the dongle comes with the Widcomm stack on a CD). Note: with many dongles, you will *not* need to install the supplied "drivers" (if the dongle works with the MS stack).

Time to go to bed, for me...

Best.
--
Jonas
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overnight developments!

Please read this thread:
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2934

It may help you get your dongle to work with the Microsoft stack.

Best.
--
Jonas
creido

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed every single step of that tutorial, and the microsoft stack recognized the dongle as a belkin device as it was supposed to..im using my Palm Tungsten T, so i had to connect from the device in order to set it up properly..the palm can locate my pc, but when i try to connect, i get an error message that says "Error: Timed out. Is your computer's Bluetooth on?". is there anything i can do? :(
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Please try first pairing your Palm with the new Bluetooth stack on your PC. I think that might help.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="creido"]i followed every single step of that tutorial, and the microsoft stack recognized the dongle as a belkin device as it was supposed to..im using my Palm Tungsten T, so i had to connect from the device in order to set it up properly..the palm can locate my pc, but when i try to connect, i get an error message that says "Error: Timed out. Is your computer's Bluetooth on?". is there anything i can do? :([/quote]
creido

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it already is paired..but since it wasnt working, i decided to try with my nokia 6600, and surprise: it works perfectly! i'd still prefer to use the palm, since it's got a bigger screen and it's easier to use because of the touch-sensitive screen, but if i cant make it work the nokia will do..i'll test it out for a few days and if it keeps working, i'll deffinetelly buy the registered version!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant is that your Palm may think it's paired, but as you essentially just did a brain-transplant of your PC's Bluetooth, the two parties may not agree on the "pairing thing" at the moment...

So, unless you've already done so, it may make sense to pair again. I'm convinced it'll be possible to make your Palm work as well with your new setup.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="creido"]it already is paired..but since it wasnt working, i decided to try with my nokia 6600, and surprise: it works perfectly! i'd still prefer to use the palm, since it's got a bigger screen and it's easier to use because of the touch-sensitive screen, but if i cant make it work the nokia will do..i'll test it out for a few days and if it keeps working, i'll deffinetelly buy the registered version![/quote]
creido

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paired'em again, but i still get the same error message..i guess it's because when setting-up the palm, i have to connect from it, and when setting-up my cellphone, i had the option to connect from the pc software..even after it's set-up, i can just connect to the nokia from the pc, as the connection from the cellphone just wont work (i get Error -6008)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: