FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

k750i cannot connect phone>PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bohrsatom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: k750i cannot connect phone>PC Reply with quote

Hey,

I have a K750i (firmware R1N035) and am using salling 3.0.1.333. I can connect successfully from my PC to my phone and phone events work perfectly, but I can only sporadically connect from my phone to my PC. Sometimes I get the "security error" error; other times I get the "is bluetooth device on?" error, but occasionally it connects succesfully.

I can send files to and from my phone and PC, and have tried deleting all the pairings on both phone and PC but it still doesn't work - there are no other devices connected via my bluetooth adaptor (microsoft bluetooth stack) so it seems to rule out some of the issues others have experienced.

I'd put it down to my bluetooth dongle, but if I can send files correctly and can connect from PC to phone, is there any reason why I can only sometimes (1 attempt in 10 or so) connect from phone to PC?

Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bohrsatom,

Seems like you've done "the homework", and it's much appreciated. The issue that has been been described elsewhere here in the forums primarily affects Macs (at least, that's the impression so far), but I cannot rule out that it might also impact certain types of Bluetooth hardware on PCs.

I will not be able to help you straight away (as the problem, in this case, is outside my software), but I hope to forward information to people who can hopefully help us gain insight in what's going on.

What we need to know is what Bluetooth hardware you have. As much detail as possible would be much appreciated.

Best.
--
Jonas
bohrsatom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I've sort-of found a 'fix' for the issue - if, whilst attempting to connect from phone to PC, I press "connect to device" in salling, it somehow 'kicks' the connection into working. Very strange!

I have a "no name" bluetooth device, which is probably the issue. It comes with Bluesoleil drivers (which I never installed) so I suppose it's a usual generic one that you get nowadays.

I don't know if you can tell anything out from the Mac Address, but it is 00:11:b1:07:a1:f3.

Is there anything else I can tell you? The advanced properties of 'generic bluetooth radio' say:

Manufacturer ID: 10
HCI Version 1, revision 1953. LMP version 1, subversion.

Perhaps it's the subversion that is breaking it! :lol:

If you want me to find out anything else then please ask :).

Thanks!

ps - if I was to buy a different dongle, what one would be recommended?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Could you check in device mgr for what chipset is in your dongle?

Typically, it'll be something like CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio), SiW (Silicon Wave), or Broadcom.

Best.
--
Jonas

PS. There are so many adapters around; many of the no-name adapters are fine. I suggest you go for one that explicitly says it's compatible with the MS stack.
bohrsatom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's CSR.

I think the dongle is a class 1 one (100m range) as well. I can take a photo if you like!

carman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What driver are you using? The Windows XP one is a waste of time, try using the WIDCOMM one.
bohrsatom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh - I was using the XP SP2 stack, but I've installed the WIDCOMM one (and what a lot of hassle that was !) and it works perfectly! I didn't even know it was possible for me to use widcomm... !

The issue was obviously with the XP bluetooth stack (am I surprised by that? Perhaps not).

Thanks for the help Carman and Jonas. Oh and Jonas: What a great piece of software you have here :). I do have a quick feature request, though - I think it would be great to auto-connect to the phone to monitor phone events should the user disconnect from the computer in the midlet.

Is there anything else I can do to help diagnose the problem? I know very little about bluetooth networking, but is there a way to packet sniff the connections between the phone and the PC? Perhaps I can see what is going missing.

Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your request has been noted. Thanks!

As far as debugging goes, this sounds as the issue affecting some Mac users. I'm trying to get help on this one, but I have nothing to share at this point.

Best.
--
Jonas
carman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: