FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Attaching a debugger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Attaching a debugger Reply with quote

As I see there are some people starting to experiment with scripting Salling Clicker for Windows, I'd like to share this tip on how to attach a script debugger to Salling Clicker. This way, script errors break in the debugger, and you can inspect variable values and such things.

1. Start Menu -> Run -> regedit

2. Locate: HKCU->Software->Salling Software AB->Salling Clicker->Settings

3. Add a DWORD key with the name "AttachScriptDebugger" and the value 1.

Quit and re-launch Salling Clicker.

Note: for this to have any effect, you must have a script debugger installed (and registered) on the computer, such as Visual Studio, MS Script Debugger, or Visual Interdev.

Let me know how this works! :-)

Best.
--
Jonas
teetow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very well, I'm afraid.

...But that's probably just because I'm not familiar enough with VStudio. I've come as far as attaching the debugger (I'm guessing it's the "script" debugger?) but Clicker still sends the script log to the file. I know I'm generating script errors, but VStudio doesn't seem to react to it.

I'm pretty sure I'm just being a noob, though =) What's supposed to happen?
loftzon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Attaching a debugger Reply with quote

Hi. How does this work exactly? I'm trying to attach a debugger, and i have a script that fails to run, but no debugging information shows up on my screen.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Attaching a debugger Reply with quote

What debugger are you using?

Did you follow the steps above to enable debugger integration in Salling Clicker?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="loftzon"]Hi. How does this work exactly? I'm trying to attach a debugger, and i have a script that fails to run, but no debugging information shows up on my screen.[/quote]
operaman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: MS Script Editor not working Reply with quote

I found an OfficeXP CD and installed just the "Microsoft Script Editor" (v7.0.9064) which I believe is supposed to be an upgrade to the MS Script Debugger.
I then added that new key into the registry as above and restarted Clicker.

Nothing obvious happened when I ran my script.
So I put in an explict error (just some garbage on a line by itself) and still the debugger doesn't come up.

Is there something else I need to do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: