FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Clicker (PPC) behaves curios...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paresy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Salling Clicker (PPC) behaves curios... Reply with quote

I updated Salling Clicker to the newest Version and since them i can't deactivate my Bluetooth/Wireless on my PPC. I stays always enabled though Salling Clicker is not running. After uninstalling the App everything is just fine. And i can't connect to the "Server" anymore... It just hangs while "Connecting..."...

Any ideas? It really worked great until now...

Merry Christmas, paresy
paresy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress or hints on my problem!?

I can't use SallingClicker anymore and it annoys that i've spend my money for a onetime shot.... as the software really seemed promising!

My PPC is a Dell Axim X3 with Windows Mobile 2003. I did a full system reset und installed the PPC Client on the fresh PPC with the same result.
And I tried it one some other Dell Axims with same results!

It it somehow possible to get some older 3.x version?

Greetings, paresy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry I missed your first post. With some versions of the Widcomm stack, it is not possible to disable Bluetooth while Clicker is listening for incoming connections (i.e. it's installed). Not a big deal.

Now, in your second attempt, what is the problem? (cannot connect, or cannot disable bluetooth?)

Best.
--
Jonas
paresy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Sorry I missed your first post. With some versions of the Widcomm stack, it is not possible to disable Bluetooth while Clicker is listening for incoming connections (i.e. it's installed). Not a big deal.
[/quote]

Thanks on that Info....I was searching the Problem in the wrong side...

I am connecting from the PDA to the PC. Bluetooth/WiFi drains on my Battery though i'm not using SallingClicker.

Any workaround on this? Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Clicker is an annoyin g Solution ;)

[quote]
Now, in your second attempt, what is the problem? (cannot connect, or cannot disable bluetooth?)
[/quote]

I found the Problem. On SallingClicker (Win) i had the Options "Lock to presentation mode" and "Authenticate Bluetooth" enabled while the PDA was not Paired with my notebook. Somehow this combination prevented my PDA to connect/pair with my notebook. Can you verfiy this behavior?

Greetings, paresy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only suggest that you disable Wifi while leaving Bluetooth on. Inactive Bluetooth uses very little battery these days.

For security purposes, the PC (and Mac) software, by default, requires the connecting device to be paired.

Most devices will automatically initiate a pairing sequence (asking for passkey and such) if the device and computer aren't paired, but I find the Widcomm stack to be sub-par in some respects and have seen this sort of malfunction with some devices. The recommended procedure is to pair your device and computer before connecting with Clicker.

In short, I can confirm that lack of pairing was probably the cause of problems for you.

The "Lock to Presentation Mode" option is unrelated to what you've been seeing.

Best.
--
Jonas
paresy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Problem is, that the WiFi Function is somehow conncted to the Bluetooth one. Therefore i can only enable both or disable both. :(

Would it be possible that the Clicker does only listen on the Bluetooth Stack while running?

Geetings, paresy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: