FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Call notification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterf84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Call notification Reply with quote

Hey Salling, and a million thanks for a great program! Probably the only program i think is worth the money!

Now to my question, why isnt it possible to make a full call notification for Windows and a 6680? Is it because of Windows (XP) or my 6680? My friend who owns a 3230 and MacOSX this seems to work fine.

And with full notification i meen message box and the callers number. Is this a function that is possible somehow?

Anyway, thanks again for this program! Nobel price next!

/Peter
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Call notification Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

It's the phone. We don't support caller id on any of the current Symbian phones, due to lack of public "APIs" for this purpose.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="peterf84"]Hey Salling, and a million thanks for a great program! Probably the only program i think is worth the money!

Now to my question, why isnt it possible to make a full call notification for Windows and a 6680? Is it because of Windows (XP) or my 6680? My friend who owns a 3230 and MacOSX this seems to work fine.

And with full notification i meen message box and the callers number. Is this a function that is possible somehow?

Anyway, thanks again for this program! Nobel price next!

/Peter[/quote]
peterf84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Call notification Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]lack of public "APIs"[/quote]
What is public "APIs"?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Call notification Reply with quote

Things that a programmer can use to do things, basically.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="peterf84"][quote="salling"]lack of public "APIs"[/quote]
What is public "APIs"?[/quote]
welly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstly, what a brilliant, brilliant program! Good work and on tuesday when I get paid, registering clicker will be the first thing I do!

Secondly - have a Nokia N70. You say you don't support caller id on symbian phones.. do you think that'll change in the future? Would be a really useful feature if it comes in!

Cheers and keep up the great work

Welly
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's something I'll be able to support in future phones based on Symbian 9 (not all, however, as Nokia claims to have not fully implemented the APIs required in some of the models I've seen documentation for).

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: