FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dummy Message
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Ok. Here we go. You do this at your own peril, of course:

1. Quit System Preferences.
2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the Process
Viewer to do this.
3. In the terminal, write:
defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID
"0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
(on one line)
4. Open System Preferences -> Clicker to launch the background helper
app
5. Publish

To change back to the default behavior, change step 3 to:
defaults remove com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID
(on one line)


NOTE: Make sure you're not using bluetooth serial ports now...

- jonas


On lördag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:46 Europe/Stockholm, ukdrew wrote:

> Jonas
>
> Do you think you will be able restore the connection
> of Clicker and Address book in the next release, or is
> this something that isn't going to happen until apple
> changes something?
>
> You mentioned there was a way to set the default back,
> how do I do this?
>
> Thanks for a great application
>
> Drew
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Everything you'll ever need on one web page
> from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
> http://uk.my.yahoo.com
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Can't get past menu Reply with quote

I purchased SEC yesterday and I'm just now trying v1 after 0.99 (using T68,
btw). I can publish my menu to the phone, but can't seem to get beyond the
menu. e.g. selecting the iTunes menu on the phone gets me no where. All was
fine in 0.99, so I assume I've configured something wrong. PrefPane
installed in my user lib, btw (in reference to some previous troubling
shooting hints).

Ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
David


Back to top
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get past menu Reply with quote

Hmm. Try removing and re-publishing the menu to the phone. If that
doesn't work, reboot both the phone and computer at the same time.

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 05:59 PM, David Beaudry wrote:

> I purchased SEC yesterday and I'm just now trying v1 after 0.99 (using
> T68,
> btw). I can publish my menu to the phone, but can't seem to get beyond
> the
> menu. e.g. selecting the iTunes menu on the phone gets me no where.
> All was
> fine in 0.99, so I assume I've configured something wrong. PrefPane
> installed in my user lib, btw (in reference to some previous troubling
> shooting hints).
>
> Ideas on what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get past menu Reply with quote

Did you try renaming the "Show track info…" item so that there's no
ellipsis in it? Some phones have an issue with UTF-8. Got to fix this.
My apologies.

- jonas

On söndag, mar 2, 2003, at 00:59 Europe/Stockholm, David Beaudry wrote:

> I purchased SEC yesterday and I'm just now trying v1 after 0.99 (using
> T68,
> btw). I can publish my menu to the phone, but can't seem to get beyond
> the
> menu. e.g. selecting the iTunes menu on the phone gets me no where.
> All was
> fine in 0.99, so I assume I've configured something wrong. PrefPane
> installed in my user lib, btw (in reference to some previous troubling
> shooting hints).
>
> Ideas on what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get past menu Reply with quote

That would do it! Thanks.
David

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling
wrote:
> Did you try renaming the "Show track info?" item so that there's no

> ellipsis in it? Some phones have an issue with UTF-8. Got to fix
this.
> My apologies.
>
> - jonas
>


Back to top
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Hi Jonas.

On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling wrote:

> 1. Quit System Preferences.
> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
> Process=A0
> Viewer to do this.
> 3. In the terminal, write:
> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"

Gives me:
2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
Rep argument is not a dictionary
Defaults have not been changed.

So it will not change.

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
- Kylie Minogue

Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

It needs to be all on one line (space between ServiceUUID and the long=20
string of numbers and letters)
- j

On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:33 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
wrote:

> Hi Jonas.
>
> On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
> wrote:
>
>> 1. Quit System Preferences.
>> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
>> Process=A0
>> Viewer to do this.
>> 3. In the terminal, write:
>> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
>> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>
> Gives me:
> 2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
> Rep argument is not a dictionary
> Defaults have not been changed.
>
> So it will not change.
>
> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>
> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
> - Kylie Minogue
>
> Email: jakob@h...
> AIM: Marook
> Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

It is! I pasted it in BBEdit first to make sure. Still gives me that=20
error:

[moofbook:~] jp% defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper=20
ServiceUUID=A0"0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
2003-03-02 14:43:46.873 defaults[690]
Rep argument is not a dictionary
Defaults have not been changed.


On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:38 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling wrote:

> It needs to be all on one line (space between ServiceUUID and the long=20
> string of numbers and letters)
> - j
>
> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:33 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jonas.
>>
>> On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Quit System Preferences.
>>> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
>>> Process=A0
>>> Viewer to do this.
>>> 3. In the terminal, write:
>>> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
>>> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>>
>> Gives me:
>> 2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>
>> So it will not change.
>>
>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>
>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>> - Kylie Minogue
>>
>> Email: jakob@h...
>> AIM: Marook
>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
- Kylie Minogue

Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Sorry. It's just that when I tested it w/out the string parameter, I=20
got a similar error to what you're describing.

Here's from the defaults man page:

write writes domain (overwrites=20
existing)
write writes key for domain

It seems to me the error message indicates defaults is trying the=20
former of these two patterns. It should use the second.

I really don't know what's wrong here.

Someone else?

- jonas

On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:44 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
wrote:

> It is! I pasted it in BBEdit first to make sure. Still gives me that=20
> error:
>
> [moofbook:~] jp% defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper=20
> ServiceUUID=A0"0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
> 2003-03-02 14:43:46.873 defaults[690]
> Rep argument is not a dictionary
> Defaults have not been changed.
>
>
> On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:38 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
> wrote:
>
>> It needs to be all on one line (space between ServiceUUID and the=20
>> long string of numbers and letters)
>> - j
>>
>> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:33 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jonas.
>>>
>>> On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> 1. Quit System Preferences.
>>>> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
>>>> Process=A0
>>>> Viewer to do this.
>>>> 3. In the terminal, write:
>>>> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
>>>> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>>>
>>> Gives me:
>>> 2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
>>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>>
>>> So it will not change.
>>>
>>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>>
>>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>>> - Kylie Minogue
>>>
>>> Email: jakob@h...
>>> AIM: Marook
>>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>>
>
> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>
> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
> - Kylie Minogue
>
> Email: jakob@h...
> AIM: Marook
> Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Control The Mouse Reply with quote

I think a script can be done to parse a QT movie or a DVD, I agree that
a twelfth part of a movie could be a lot, but It could help...

Also you could write a script to switch from an application to another
(but you should first check if you have more than 12 application open,
or just use the first 12...)

It could be a little long, but you could also parse the menus of the
current application, unfortunately, even if it's difficult for an
application to have more than 12 menus, it's quite easy for a menu to
have more than 12 items... :(

just a few ideas..

Andrea

Sabato, 1 mar 2003, alle 01:40 Europe/Dublin, Jonas Salling ha scritto:

> I should also point out at this point that 12 is the maximum number of
> steps the phone will allow.
>
> So I've seen iTunes ratings with the slider. What else can be done?


Back to top
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Hi.

OK, another way: using PlistEditor, I added the info to pref file, but=20
it won't work. Should this be a string , or ???




On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:56 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling wrote:

> Sorry. It's just that when I tested it w/out the string parameter, I=20
> got a similar error to what you're describing.
>
> Here's from the defaults man page:
>
> write writes domain (overwrites=20
> existing)
> write writes key for domain
>
> It seems to me the error message indicates defaults is trying the=20
> former of these two patterns. It should use the second.
>
> I really don't know what's wrong here.
>
> Someone else?
>
> - jonas
>
> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:44 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
> wrote:
>
>> It is! I pasted it in BBEdit first to make sure. Still gives me that=20
>> error:
>>
>> [moofbook:~] jp% defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper=20
>> ServiceUUID=A0"0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>> 2003-03-02 14:43:46.873 defaults[690]
>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>
>>
>> On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:38 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It needs to be all on one line (space between ServiceUUID and the=20
>>> long string of numbers and letters)
>>> - j
>>>
>>> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:33 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=
=20
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Jonas.
>>>>
>>>> On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> 1. Quit System Preferences.
>>>>> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
>>>>> Process=A0
>>>>> Viewer to do this.
>>>>> 3. In the terminal, write:
>>>>> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
>>>>> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>>>>
>>>> Gives me:
>>>> 2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
>>>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>>>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>>>
>>>> So it will not change.
>>>>
>>>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>>>
>>>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>>>> - Kylie Minogue
>>>>
>>>> Email: jakob@h...
>>>> AIM: Marook
>>>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>>>
>>
>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>
>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>> - Kylie Minogue
>>
>> Email: jakob@h...
>> AIM: Marook
>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
- Kylie Minogue

Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Yes. That would work. It should be a string. Make sure the Helper app=20
is dead, though.

Let me know how it works out.

- jonas

On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 15:17 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> OK, another way: using PlistEditor, I added the info to pref file, but=20
> it won't work. Should this be a string , or ???
>
>
>
>
> On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:56 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry. It's just that when I tested it w/out the string parameter, I=20
>> got a similar error to what you're describing.
>>
>> Here's from the defaults man page:
>>
>> write writes domain (overwrites=20
>> existing)
>> write writes key for domain
>>
>> It seems to me the error message indicates defaults is trying the=20
>> former of these two patterns. It should use the second.
>>
>> I really don't know what's wrong here.
>>
>> Someone else?
>>
>> - jonas
>>
>> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:44 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug Kenja=20
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It is! I pasted it in BBEdit first to make sure. Still gives me that=20
>>> error:
>>>
>>> [moofbook:~] jp% defaults write=20
>>> com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper=20
>>> ServiceUUID=A0"0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>>> 2003-03-02 14:43:46.873 defaults[690]
>>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>>
>>>
>>> On s=F8ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:38 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> It needs to be all on one line (space between ServiceUUID and the=20
>>>> long string of numbers and letters)
>>>> - j
>>>>
>>>> On s=F6ndag, mar 2, 2003, at 14:33 Europe/Stockholm, Marook Zuug=20
>>>> Kenja wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Jonas.
>>>>>
>>>>> On l=F8rdag, mar 1, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/Copenhagen, Jonas Salling=20
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> 1. Quit System Preferences.
>>>>>> 2. Kill the "Sony Ericsson Clicker Helper" application. Use the=20
>>>>>> Process=A0
>>>>>> Viewer to do this.
>>>>>> 3. In the terminal, write:
>>>>>> defaults write com.salling.SonyEricssonClickerHelper ServiceUUID=A0
>>>>>> "0000110300001000800000805f9b34fb"
>>>>>
>>>>> Gives me:
>>>>> 2003-03-02 13:30:38.524 defaults[629]
>>>>> Rep argument is not a dictionary
>>>>> Defaults have not been changed.
>>>>>
>>>>> So it will not change.
>>>>>
>>>>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>>>>
>>>>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>>>>> - Kylie Minogue
>>>>>
>>>>> Email: jakob@h...
>>>>> AIM: Marook
>>>>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>>>>
>>>
>>> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>>>
>>> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
>>> - Kylie Minogue
>>>
>>> Email: jakob@h...
>>> AIM: Marook
>>> Phone: +45 40163806
>>>
>
> Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
>
> 'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
> - Kylie Minogue
>
> Email: jakob@h...
> AIM: Marook
> Phone: +45 40163806
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

I used the command as you first mailed (of course i put the whole line
together ^__^) and it worked fine at first try I used bot address book
to send SMS and iSync to sinc the ipod/phone/.mac while SEC had its
menu published..

Andrea


Domenica, 2 mar 2003, alle 13:56 Europe/Dublin, Jonas Salling ha
scritto:

> Sorry. It's just that when I tested it w/out the string parameter, I
> got a similar error to what you're describing.
>
> Here's from the defaults man page:
>
> write writes domain (overwrites
> existing)
> write writes key for domain
>
> It seems to me the error message indicates defaults is trying the
> former of these two patterns. It should use the second.
>
> I really don't know what's wrong here.
>
> Someone else?
>
> - jonas


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

About the headset with everything else, at the moment it's apple fault.
There are still some protocols to be introduced correctly to manage non
phone/pad type of BT devices and I think we'll have to wait possibly
for 2.5 or, more probably for 3.0 of Mac OSX

As far as I understood of SEC, the CPU should crash if you try to use
SEC with any other serial driver for the Bluetooth, so this, at the
moment, cut out the possibility of using it with internet connect.

Well the phone should work fine with SEC, Address Book, and iSync at
the same time..

Andrea


Domenica, 2 mar 2003, alle 18:26 Europe/Dublin, ericcpl
ha scritto:

> The patch worked for me too and I was able to use both the
> Addressbook and Clicker, but the patch broke my GPRS/Internet
> connectivity. That is, Internet Connect could no longer connect to my
> phone.
>
> Does anyone know what the limitations are on Bluetooth? I have a
> HBH-30 and a G4 Powerbook with a D-Link adaptor. Ideally I'd like to
> be able to use (transparently, all at once!):
>
> 1. my HBH-30 headset
> 2. SE Clicker
> 3. Addressbook
> 4. Internet Connect via bluetooth modem and GPRS
> 5. the telephone
>
> What I have found so far is this:
>
> a. Addressbook disconnects my HBH-30
> b. Incoming calls are unreliable during a GPRS connection (voicemail
> sometimes kicks in)
> c. SE Clicker disables Addressbook (unless the patch is applied)
> d. SE Clicker disconnects my HBH-30
>
> I haven't checked to see if I can establish a GPRS connection with SE
> Clicker on. I also seem to remember I have to turn SE Clicker off to
> run iSync, but I'm not 100% sure anymore.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on the limitations here?


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Conflicts Reply with quote

Here's some background info.

The phone has a fixed set of services. There are a couple of serial
ports and a service for IrMC-sync (that only iSync uses). That's why
iSync should never be a problem.

It isn't possible as far as I know, to "multiplex" RFCOMM communication
on the other services, so there is a set limit to the number of apps
that are able to work with the phone at one time.

I think we have to live with this for now.

- jonas

On söndag, mar 2, 2003, at 19:46 Europe/Stockholm, Andrea Mosconi wrote:

> About the headset with everything else, at the moment it's apple fault.
> There are still some protocols to be introduced correctly to manage non
> phone/pad type of BT devices and I think we'll have to wait possibly
> for 2.5 or, more probably for 3.0 of Mac OSX
>
> As far as I understood of SEC, the CPU should crash if you try to use
> SEC with any other serial driver for the Bluetooth, so this, at the
> moment, cut out the possibility of using it with internet connect.
>
> Well the phone should work fine with SEC, Address Book, and iSync at
> the same time..
>
> Andrea
>
>
> Domenica, 2 mar 2003, alle 18:26 Europe/Dublin, ericcpl
> ha scritto:
>
>> The patch worked for me too and I was able to use both the
>> Addressbook and Clicker, but the patch broke my GPRS/Internet
>> connectivity. That is, Internet Connect could no longer connect to my
>> phone.
>>
>> Does anyone know what the limitations are on Bluetooth? I have a
>> HBH-30 and a G4 Powerbook with a D-Link adaptor. Ideally I'd like to
>> be able to use (transparently, all at once!):
>>
>> 1. my HBH-30 headset
>> 2. SE Clicker
>> 3. Addressbook
>> 4. Internet Connect via bluetooth modem and GPRS
>> 5. the telephone
>>
>> What I have found so far is this:
>>
>> a. Addressbook disconnects my HBH-30
>> b. Incoming calls are unreliable during a GPRS connection (voicemail
>> sometimes kicks in)
>> c. SE Clicker disables Addressbook (unless the patch is applied)
>> d. SE Clicker disconnects my HBH-30
>>
>> I haven't checked to see if I can establish a GPRS connection with SE
>> Clicker on. I also seem to remember I have to turn SE Clicker off to
>> run iSync, but I'm not 100% sure anymore.
>>
>> Can anyone shed some light on the limitations here?
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 6 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group