FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[Feature request] Dashboard widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  

My menu bar is
crowded
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
cluttered
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
full
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
chock-full
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
overflowing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
packed
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
overloaded
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
sold out
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Stereo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: [Feature request] Dashboard widget Reply with quote

The current menu bar status thing is taking space in my already crowded menu bar. Would it be possible to replace it with a dashboard widget?

I would develop one myself but, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a public API for this. Ironically, SEClicker's own Applescript dictionary isn't too complete.

Cheers!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What do you want the widget to do? The dictionary has what you need, I think. Perhaps you looked in the wrong place?

Best.
--
Jonas
Stereo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything the menu does. I had a look at the SEC Helper dictionary - am I looking in the wrong place? Looking at the dictionary, I can't see how I would, for example, get the name of the last device and connect to it, or show the debug screen.

Thank you for your help.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. Not everything is available there.

However, the important stuff is:
- Connect
- Disconnect
- Get the name of a *connected* device
- Set/clear presentation mode

I hope you can live without the ability to open the script log from your widget. (I think that'd be a weird feature anyways, as the log would open in a different layer than the widget).

Best of luck!
--
Jonas

[quote="Stereo"]Everything the menu does. I had a look at the SEC Helper dictionary - am I looking in the wrong place? Looking at the dictionary, I can't see how I would, for example, get the name of the last device and connect to it, or show the debug screen.

Thank you for your help.[/quote]
phowson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Different kind of widget request ... Reply with quote

I thought this was going to be a request for the Macintosh WiFi client to be a dashboard widget and that would be excellent.

And incidentally, my menu bar is fine, plenty of space, but that was not an option in your poll...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: