FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Can we have a way to change between airport express?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Can we have a way to change between airport express? Reply with quote

I dont care if its using itunes itself or airfoil but could somebody please create a script to control which speakers itunes is outputting too?
Im trying to do this myself, but im no good at it at all.
Thanks
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a script to do it hardwired, I.E. I can tell airfoil to turn "stereo" on or off, or turn all speakers on or off, I am working on it in my spare time, but as a student I don't have all that much between work and whatnot and it's not really worth it for me. I might consider making it more elegant. If you'd like to get a copy of the script I have now, let me know.
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I know how to push stuff to the phone I will have a script to display and then select the airport express'. I am working on how to select an input source(from the recently used ones) but am running into trouble as they changed how the button responds. Incidentally looked at itunes and have come to the conclusion that whomever designed it hates disabled people.
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright I think I know how to get a menu on the device, and I am working with people on an applescript forum to learn how to use the menu, I should have a script that will send to the device a list of active and inactive speakers(through two different menues, or one, not sure yet) and toggle those by the end of the week, I should also have a somewhat limited choose application menu as well. I am working without my phone now(my birthday isn't here yet) so I can't test things on the device level, but I am writing the scripts to work from here so will have the components ready early this week and will have the whole thing finished a short period after i get my phone.
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So based on what I can do here's what I should have as soon as I get my treo:

get a menu of available speakers on the device, click to activate or deactivate. I could implement this to activate and deactivate through different menues, depending on if there is a demand.

get a menu of recently used audio sources select from one of them(when not transmitting)

turn up or down the volume of a speaker, I havn't played around on the device side of this, but it'll probably be, at least at first, click turn up volume, click speaker, volume goes up. same basic concept for down.

I think that's about all that is needed, I suppose a select any source would be nice, but probably unnecesary because the commonly used sources are already there.
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have three scripts for the control of airfoil, the first has a menu of airport's available and lets you connect to one of them, if you are already connected nothing happens
the second does the same but to disconnect
and the third pops up a list of application sources, I havn't had time to test which ones properly, it is either sources you've used in the past or just the recently used ones, and when you click one it disconnects from all speakers, changes the source then reconnects to the speakers you were connected to before. that bit was annoying to write.
If anyone is still interested let me know, especially if you have something that you think I should add, and if topcat wants to reward me he could buy me a copy of clicker as I still don't own mine.
pheo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im VEEEEEEEEEERY interested :wink:
Cliff.Braun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

email me at cliff (dot) braun(at)gmail(dot)com
amontague

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: iTunes update 6.04 Reply with quote

The latest version of iTunes 6.04 allows the selection of multiple speakers at the one time. Still no obvious way to script it, but one practical solution is to set your iTunes to broadcast to all your speakers - and then just manually turn on and off the speakers as you enter or leave a room.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airfoil script is available here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3996

- Jonas
snarb

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who hasn't noticed already: iDisco has this functionality. iDisco is an advanced iTunes controller for Salling Clicker, at half the price of AirFoil.

Download: http://www.snarb.tk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: