FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Better MediaPlayer support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
folium

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Better MediaPlayer support? Reply with quote

Hello...why the limited support for mediaplayer? I would very much like to have the same features for Mediaplayer as for iTunes with regards to searching. Will these features be made available?
Finn Ove
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Better MediaPlayer support? Reply with quote

Hi Finn,

The sad truth is that WMP is just not as good as iTunes when it comes to scriptable searching. They're both rather bad/slow, but WMP is worse.

That said, I hope to find ways to improve on these things.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="folium"]Hello...why the limited support for mediaplayer? I would very much like to have the same features for Mediaplayer as for iTunes with regards to searching. Will these features be made available?
Finn Ove[/quote]
folium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I see. Just found a kind of workaround...MusicBridge (freeware) [url]http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=26&MessageID=94304[/url]

I can now rate my music in iTunes and get them tranfered to Windows Mediaplayer... I'll try iTunes for a while and see how it goes.

..og Gratulerer med Gull-festen, hilsen en nordmann :)

Regards Finn Ove
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good tip. Thanks!

Kul att för en gång skull vinna fler guld än "lillebror". ;-)

Cheers.
--
Jonas
folium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about rating..Just a couple of ideas from "lillebror"

1) Why not merge the clicker rating scripts... and rate the song both in the media player and iTunes in one action?

2) Why not trigger the rating from the touchscreen (treo 650). I am able to fast forward using the blue slider...would be nice with a direct rating feature too, right?

3) ...and a one-button rating by using the number keys, without going to the menu.

great sw,

Regards Finn Ove
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

;-)

1. The one reason I can think of is that it'd require both applications launched, something I think a lot of users would find counter-intuitive. Also, it'd require knowledge about whether the tracks are shared between the apps or not. I guess it could be done, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort/struggle.

2. Agreed. It's on the list of possible future improvements.

3. You can! Just press the number keys (don't forget to use the num-modifier on the Tro 650).

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="folium"]Talking about rating..Just a couple of ideas from "lillebror"

1) Why not merge the clicker rating scripts... and rate the song both in the media player and iTunes in one action?

2) Why not trigger the rating from the touchscreen (treo 650). I am able to fast forward using the blue slider...would be nice with a direct rating feature too, right?

3) ...and a one-button rating by using the number keys, without going to the menu.

great sw,

Regards Finn Ove[/quote]
folium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You are probably right. I think this should be solved by standards.. saving the metadata in the files. Media player 10 does that, but iTunes does not read it.

2. / 3. Great! As long as I have the buttons I will be more than happy allready (although it would be fancy). Also found out that the backspace gives the song a 5 rating... strange.

And one point...which you may allready have condiered:

- The more features we put into iTunes client...e.g. the rating.. the more risky it will be to let others borrow the remote control...eg. a party. Sooner or later it may be time to introduce a "party-mode" / read-only mode?

I did not find a way to lock down the iTunes client on the windows, which also would be an option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: