FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid Reply with quote

Hi!

I've downloaded the Demo and tryed to connect my QTek 8310 over a LevelOne Bluetooth-Dongle with my Windows PC (XP SP2).

Clicker regognizes "Microsoft Bluetooth: Device Present", and my Smartphone finds the Notebook on discover, too.

When I attmept to connect from the Phone, i get a "Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid" Error-Message (big grey window) on the Notebook-Screen.
In the other direction, there is the same mesaage, in an usual Error-Window.

When I tell Clicker on the Phone to "Stop Listening" an retry the Connection from my Notebook, it moans that there s "no useful service found on device".

As I read in this Forum that a repairing can do it, i tried that, but that didn't really help.

Phone and Notebook are set to be discoverable over Bluetooth, and both accept files from each other. I think they're seeing each other as the Notebbok is able to detect if Clicker is listening or not, but they can't 'lock' the connection.

So, what am I doing wrong? :?

Thanks in advance and greetings from switzerland: Felice
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Haven't heard on this one before.

Did you try restarting your gear?

Best.
--
Jonas
Felice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i restarted both, Phone and Notebook, i also tryed reinstalling the software on both and restarted after that... But as it is still Windows and no one knows what it's doing and what it doesn't and why, I'll retry that now... :P
Felice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebooting didn't help...

I disabled the OBEX-Authentication on the Device and the Bluetooth-Authentication in Clicker, but that didn't fix it, too...

Am I right that ActiveSync has to be running for using Clicker?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ActiveSync does not have to be running.

As I'm out of ideas, perhaps you could disconnect ActiveSync and then try to connect with Clicker?

Best.
--
Jonas
Felice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ActiveSync is off, Clicker isn't able to find a Service on the Notebook, in the other direction (Notebook->Mobile), the same error occurs as with ActiveSync on.
Felice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried several things to get a connection:

1. Disabling ActiveSync-Launch on Startup:
The Phone was able to detect Clicker on my Notebook, but exited as usual, Notebook->Phone-Connection too.

2. Using Ports
In the Bluetooth Settings on my Notebook, i set the Chechbox to use the Com-Port of my Mobile, and on my Mobile, I created a new outgoing Com-Port to my Notebook, but that didn't help, even after a Reboot the Result was the same as before.

3. Adding Clicker to the Windows-Firewall
I manually added Clicker to the Whitelist of the Windows SP2-Firewall, but, as you surely expected, didn't fix it.

4. disabling Authentication
After all, I retried with disabled Bluetooth-Authentication on both sides. No chance.

I don't have any more ideas of how to tweak the connection settings, perhaps my tries have you inspired to some new things?
Felice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got a new Idea:

I thought the NAme of my device was probably too long,shortened it to the factory-side "Qtek8310", repaired the whole thing und retried...
Without any useful result...

But both devices always can detect if Clicker is running on the opponent...
Why the **** can't hey makea working connection?

(Not at all to say it's your fault, just always the same anger when trying to do some connection stuff...)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised by some of your findings...

Salling Clicker does not use ActiveSync or Serial Ports, so neither of those experiments should yield anything.

At this point, I'm wondering whether there might actually be a problem with the authentication/pairing between your phone and your computer. (turning off Authentication in the Clicker settings only affect authentication for connnections going into the computer; in the other direction, the one that fails, authentication is always required).

There's also a chance that your Bluetooth adapter isn't really compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.

Could you please redo the pairing? Select "Add Bluetooth" from your computer.

Best.
--
Jonas
Felice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switsched my Bluetooth-Reciever, now Im using a Widcomm-Based Stack. Clicker is really working great, congratulations for that great piece of Software!

The only problem now is, that I can't set up an ActiveSync connection...
But perhaps that works tomorrow, ActiveSync problems somehow fix themselves over night... It's Microsoft, so don't ask why, just be glad when it's finally working... :wink:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear you're good now. Too bad I couldn't figure out what was going on before, though. I do remember LevelOne vs. MS stack being an issue (reported earlier).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Felice"]I switsched my Bluetooth-Reciever, now Im using a Widcomm-Based Stack. Clicker is really working great, congratulations for that great piece of Software!

The only problem now is, that I can't set up an ActiveSync connection...
But perhaps that works tomorrow, ActiveSync problems somehow fix themselves over night... It's Microsoft, so don't ask why, just be glad when it's finally working... :wink:[/quote]
Felice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the original installation CD of my old reciever; it originally was Toshiba-Stack-Based, but because I didn't use the CD for Setup, Windows installed his stack.
I hope i can setup the ActiveSync-thing again, else I'd have to switch back to the old mode, without Clicker... :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: