FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

error -34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziddey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: error -34 Reply with quote

I've just purchased a nokia 6682 and am trying to decide between programs to purchase. I've currently found three that have different aspects that I find appealing: salling clicker, control freak, and puppet master.

Currently, I'm using nokia pc suite, the three programs installed (don't use puppetmaster most of the time since i'm siding towards the other two, salling clicker especially), and I have gnubox installed on the phone to connect to the computer via a windows dialin connection listener. I did at one point run more than one local com port because puppetmaster and controlfreak needed a port to listen on and I couldn't run more than one. Currently, I only have one local com port. But all throughout, I've been having extreme problems with an error -34 error. I've never had the error with salling clicker until today but thought I'd post here and see if anyone knew.

I did some reading and found that the -34 error should only be occuring under linux and not windows and that something strange is happening in windows. But then also, I did at one time find some program to switch com ports on the phone although I lost that website. And I'm not sure if that'd help.

But my needs are:

I will end up purchasing one of the three (most likely either salling clicker or control freak or maybe even both). Also, I plan on using gnubox to be able to browse the net on my phone and use aim while in my room.

From my experimentation, it seems that the -34 error is resulting from the wrong service on the computer communicating to the phone (for example salling clicker when I'm trying to do an internet connection or something like that) although I'm not certain. What would be the best way to make this setup of mine work? There has to be a way so that I don't have to goto the computer and intervene whenever I need to do something, and even that hasn't really worked.

I've even tried disabling and reenabling bluetooth on the computer as well as resetting my widcomm (5.0.1.801?) as well as off and on on the phone and repairing.

Any ideas?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I can probably find out what error -34 means more specifically, if you let me know exactly when (and with what application) you get it.

Best.
--
Jonas
ziddey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem arises while connecting. If I try to connect to the computer via salling, often it'll try to connect, then it'll fail and five error -34. And on the pc, I'll see my widcomm icon go green for a second and then back to white. Same happens with control freak, puppet master, and gnubox. I've tried formatting my computer too.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha. Unfortunately, the error code -34 doesn't reveal much, as its description is fairly generic: "Failed to connect".

I suspect in order to find out what's wrong, one'd have to check with a low-level Bluetooth sniffer (not practical in this case). If I were to guess, the problem is at the baseband (radio) level.

Here's a couple of ideas:

- Your Bluetooth dongle may not be fully compatible with the Widcomm stack; please try sending a couple of vCards/contacts from the phone to the computer. Does this fail with the same frequency as when you try to connect with Clicker (or any of the other apps)?

- Does your PC have WiFi enabled? Do you get error -34 more often when there's "heavy" (this is highly subjective, but you get the idea) traffic over WiFi?

- What happens if you try to connect from the computer instead of from the phone?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ziddey"]Well, the problem arises while connecting. If I try to connect to the computer via salling, often it'll try to connect, then it'll fail and five error -34. And on the pc, I'll see my widcomm icon go green for a second and then back to white. Same happens with control freak, puppet master, and gnubox. I've tried formatting my computer too.[/quote]
ziddey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the beauty of salling clicker since it allows an initialization from the computer side, which works almost all the time. The bluetooth hardware is the tm350 that's internal in the dell notebooks. Widcomm is fully compatible to my knowledge. I tried transferring vcards as well as about a gig of music over bluetooth and it didn't hiccup. I've tried disabling wifi but it didn't help much. I tend to use ethernet anyway. Hope this helps
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional info. When you say you've transferred vcards, do you mean you've sent cards from the phone to the computer?

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="ziddey"]Well, that's the beauty of salling clicker since it allows an initialization from the computer side, which works almost all the time. The bluetooth hardware is the tm350 that's internal in the dell notebooks. Widcomm is fully compatible to my knowledge. I tried transferring vcards as well as about a gig of music over bluetooth and it didn't hiccup. I've tried disabling wifi but it didn't help much. I tend to use ethernet anyway. Hope this helps[/quote]
ziddey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tried both ways. I upload pictures that I take on my phone to the computer too all the time and it always goes without hiccup. I don't really understand what's going on. Seems that even when I get -34, I can send pictures (I just tried now)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Could you please try disabling the option "Authenticate Bluetooth" in Salling Clicker -> Settings -> Device (on your PC)?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="ziddey"]Yes, I've tried both ways. I upload pictures that I take on my phone to the computer too all the time and it always goes without hiccup. I don't really understand what's going on. Seems that even when I get -34, I can send pictures (I just tried now)[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: