FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Installation on T610?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akheron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Installation on T610? Reply with quote

I was trying to install SC client on my T610 by moving the file SallingClicker.jar with BT to my phone. After the transfer, I get the error "[b]invalid application[/b]" on my T610. I've also tried transferring it with USB cable and got the same error again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, your T610 is incapable of using the Java client.

Please follow the instructions. If you select the correct phone model in the device setup assistant, you will not be offered to install the client.

Best.
--
Jonas
akheron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, why was this thread moved to Mac? I'm talking about the SE client for use with SC server running on Windows XP! :shock:

>>Unfortunately, your T610 is incapable of using the Java client.

But isn't T610 a supported device? If the Java client is no good for the T610 then which one is?

>>If you [b]select the correct phone[/b] model in the device setup assistant, you will [b]not[/b] be offered to install the client.

That is a little confusing. Did you mean to say that I should fire up SC on my PC and choose "set up device" and install the client from there?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I moved the topic to the Mac section, since you had originally posted it in the "Ericsson Client" area. Ericsson Client is a Mac application. I'll move it to the PC section (this stuff matters equally to Mac or PC users, though).

The T610 is indeed a supported device. It is supported through its built-in "Accessories" feature. No additional client is needed on this phone.

Follow the setup instructions (from Salling Clicker on your PC). Once connected, access Clicker from the Accessories menu on your phone (under "Connectivity", but the exact naming depends on localization).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="akheron"]First, why was this thread moved to Mac? I'm talking about the SE client for use with SC server running on Windows XP! :shock:

>>Unfortunately, your T610 is incapable of using the Java client.

But isn't T610 a supported device? If the Java client is no good for the T610 then which one is?

>>If you [b]select the correct phone[/b] model in the device setup assistant, you will [b]not[/b] be offered to install the client.

That is a little confusing. Did you mean to say that I should fire up SC on my PC and choose "set up device" and install the client from there?[/quote]
akheron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I see.. ok I'll try that. I'm not too concerned about it.. SC is working fine on my Pocket PC. :)
akheron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working beautifully on my T610->desktop/laptop.

My only regret is that I should've found this application a long time ago! :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: