FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Connect from phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jxn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Connect from phone Reply with quote

Hi there,

I realise that this topic may have been discussed before, but nothing conclusive. So I would like to bring it up again for your attention, Jonas.

There have been a few requests for a "Connect from Phone" option for phones like the T610. It would make things easier if I needn't go to the PC to click on "Connect" everytime, because leaving the BT on the phone drains the battery quite a bit, so I tend to Disconnect rather often if I'm not actively using the remote.

There is also an alternative way: Folder Actions? But I think that only works with a Mac. Someone else has requested very nicely to have a script written for Windows, but there hasn't been a follow-up.

So in attempts to start this topic up again, I hope that you don't think that it's redundant.

Keep up the good work, Jonas. This is a great program and I've already recommended it to my friends!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi (and thanks for the kudos!),

I've got no plans to offer an official solution for this on the "older" Sony Ericsson phones. Here's my reasoning:

1. The only way it can be done on these phones is through a rather ugly "hack" (send vCard to connect). It will never be user-friendly.

2. These are "old" phone models. As time goes by, progressively fewer people would have a need for this solution.

Basically, I have to focus my efforts in such a way that I best serve as many customers as possible, going forward. It's business. :-(

My apologies, but I hope you understand.

Best.
--
Jonas
jxn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand totally. No worries.

But could you possibly lead me in the direction of the vCard hack so that I can do it on my own? Perhaps the way to do it, or a link? And oh, I'm running Windows... I hope that doesn't make things a lil uglier.

Many Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: