FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling is killing my PC!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milowagner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Salling is killing my PC!!! Reply with quote

Love the app, thanks so much, BUT ...

It seems to eat up resources at an ever-expanding rate. I've never seen anything like it. I opened Task Manager and at one point WinClicker.exe's memory usage had hit 610,000K with 80% CPU usage !

Eventually my PC just dies, hard disk goes crazy and everything slows to a crawl.

Additionally, none of the "while I'm in a call" (pause iTunes/call notifier) functions work with my handset at all, thought the proximity stuff works fine. Is this a known issue?

Please help!

Thanks.

I'm running XP SP2 with a Motorola A1000.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Salling is killing my PC!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

There is only one known issue that sounds familiar, but it should only occur in some instances if you're making modifications to the script files that Salling Clicker uses.

Are you, or possibly some application that you're using, making modifications (either to contents or changed dates) of the script files?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="milowagner"]Love the app, thanks so much, BUT ...

It seems to eat up resources at an ever-expanding rate. I've never seen anything like it. I opened Task Manager and at one point WinClicker.exe's memory usage had hit 610,000K with 80% CPU usage !

Eventually my PC just dies, hard disk goes crazy and everything slows to a crawl.

Additionally, none of the "while I'm in a call" (pause iTunes/call notifier) functions work with my handset at all, thought the proximity stuff works fine. Is this a known issue?

Please help!

Thanks.

I'm running XP SP2 with a Motorola A1000.[/quote]

Last edited by salling on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
milowagner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

The only thing I've done is alter some .js's I've downloaded from the forum, but this problem existed before that. Nothing else is touching Clicker.

Any ideas about the whilst-in-a-call functions?

Thanks a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hm. Sounds like it might still be that issue. Simply quit the SallingClicker.exe process and relaunch it. Let me know if it doesn't keep a low profile after that. In any event would it be useful to know what triggers the resource use explosion.

Phone call monitoring is not available on the Motorola Symbian phones (these are customized by Motorola to the extent that this is not possible with the public "APIs" available from Symbian). This is documented:

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/devices.php

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="milowagner"]Thanks for the quick reply.

The only thing I've done is alter some .js's I've downloaded from the forum, but this problem existed before that. Nothing else is touching Clicker.

Any ideas about the whilst-in-a-call functions?

Thanks a lot.[/quote]
milowagner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this documentation before, but thanks for clearing that up.

I'll keep an eye on the .exe to see if I can ascertain what triggers the resource problem.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do.

Aside from the known "modify js" issue mentioned previously, there should *not* (edit) be any problems like this with the current release. If there is, I certainly want to fix them ASAP.

Feel free to contact me either here or by email.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="milowagner"]I didn't see this documentation before, but thanks for clearing that up.

I'll keep an eye on the .exe to see if I can ascertain what triggers the resource problem.[/quote]
cyberpsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: WinClicker.exe memory usage 1.6GB Reply with quote

I just noticed my system was using 2gb of virtual ram, I discovered 1.6GB of this was winclicker.exe

I leave my machine on at night and regularly it has either crashed, or reporting it is low on virtual memory. This has been going on for a few months.

I have salling clicker installed but I am not using it. (Installed the demo to show a colleague) v 3.0.1.347 Haven't used it since then.

Seems this version has some sort of memory leak?

I haven't un-installed it yet, in case you wish to contact me and check anything.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WinClicker.exe memory usage 1.6GB Reply with quote

Yep. I would like to check some things with you. The memory leak discussed above is related to modifying the contents of the "My Clicker Scripts" folder.

You'll get an email from me.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="cyberpsy"]I just noticed my system was using 2gb of virtual ram, I discovered 1.6GB of this was winclicker.exe

I leave my machine on at night and regularly it has either crashed, or reporting it is low on virtual memory. This has been going on for a few months.

I have salling clicker installed but I am not using it. (Installed the demo to show a colleague) v 3.0.1.347 Haven't used it since then.

Seems this version has some sort of memory leak?

I haven't un-installed it yet, in case you wish to contact me and check anything.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: