FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Best "small" smart phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainboltart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Best "small" smart phone Reply with quote

My Nokia 3650 just died :cry: I loved it for its ability to run Salling Clicker and sync with iSync. It only starts, shows the nokia word and then freezes... I don't know how to re-set it (e-mail out to NOKIA)

Anyway.. I'm wondering what you all think is the best small smart phone out there. I liked the Nokia, because I could easily carry it around. I don't need all the features of the MDA a PDA etc. Basically I want to run Salling and sync up my contacts. GPS, and good video/audio is a bonus but not needed. Any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
britishchris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checked out the n70?
It's a beauty of a phone, i have one (have been using series 60 nokia's since the 6600) and i love it to bits, it's a nice size too, and you'll be well away with it!
IF you're on more of a budget, try hunting down a 6680/81/82 depending on region, it's similar to the n70, but has a 1.3mp camera (compared to the 2mp of the n70) and has less RAM (i think it's 10MB vs 33MB)

Both of course run clicker very well :)

only thing it lacks though is GPS.
Rainboltart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I actually ended up buying the 3250 which has a 2.0 Mp camera and a no-limit video. I love it except that it is running the symbian 9.0 software and now cannot run clicker until clicker is updated for the new operating system.. I'm bummed about that but asked the developer to let me know if I can help :-) Thanks for your reply. I wish I knew before I bought my phone... but I LOVE my phone, just waiting for applications (quite a few) to catch up :-D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:

I have an upgraded version ("beta" quality) of the Clicker client running fine on the 3250 (and the P990). This is all good. But Symbian 9 also requires "Symbian Signed" validation for full Clicker functionality (yes; you'll be getting caller ID notification on Symbian 9; at least this works on the devices I've tested; I know a lot of people have asked for this).

Anyways. Getting the application "Symbian Signed" will cost money and take time (3rd party testing house has to do validation); I probably won't do this until the app is more or less ready for release.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Rainboltart"]Thanks for your reply. I actually ended up buying the 3250 which has a 2.0 Mp camera and a no-limit video. I love it except that it is running the symbian 9.0 software and now cannot run clicker until clicker is updated for the new operating system.. I'm bummed about that but asked the developer to let me know if I can help :-) Thanks for your reply. I wish I knew before I bought my phone... but I LOVE my phone, just waiting for applications (quite a few) to catch up :-D[/quote]
Rainboltart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! I'll look forward to it, let me know what I can do to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: