FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Images on Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaysonc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Images on Remote Reply with quote

I am using sailling on a Mac that has a series of image files (security camera images, but that is irrelevnt to my problem). I have created a script that allows me to browse the list of the image files with no problems.

The issue I have encountered is that I would like to be able to select a file and have the image displayed on the remote as large as is possible.

The only method I can seem to find to acomplish this seems to be related to re-using the iTunes scripts, but the problem with that is the image is so small it is really unusable.

Can someone point me at an example script that would allow me to push an image file to the remote? Ideally, displayed full screen or at least larger than a thumbnail.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Images on Remote Reply with quote

Hi,

Please check the part of the iTunes script you copied where the artwork size is set.

As you may or may not know, there's an option in the iTunes script to control the size of the artwork.

Also, the scripting dictionary for "SEC Helper" will show you the available image control properties.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jaysonc"]I am using sailling on a Mac that has a series of image files (security camera images, but that is irrelevnt to my problem). I have created a script that allows me to browse the list of the image files with no problems.

The issue I have encountered is that I would like to be able to select a file and have the image displayed on the remote as large as is possible.

The only method I can seem to find to acomplish this seems to be related to re-using the iTunes scripts, but the problem with that is the image is so small it is really unusable.

Can someone point me at an example script that would allow me to push an image file to the remote? Ideally, displayed full screen or at least larger than a thumbnail.[/quote]
NewWaveDJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the security program?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jaysonc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering Security Spy, but I have not decided yet. It is the most mature of the options I have looked into, but it is expensive.
jaysonc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I finally have this script pushing images to the remote it is becoming apparent just how much space the title bar at the top and the controll buttons at the bottom are taking up.

Is it possible to change their size, or disable them? Ideally I would like to display the image full screen on the remote.
lukefletcher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi,

Could you publish that applescript that you made to view photos on the remote.

Thanx
jaysonc

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the applescript I am using to view the images on the remote. you will need to update the properties at the top of the script to point to the dirctory of your choice for storing files.

I still have the following three items to do to complete with this script. I would appreciate any help or improvements anyone can suggest.

1. You will notice I call a shell command to download the image from the cameras. I wanted to just to this in applescript, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it since the cameras password protect the images. "URL Access Scripting" seemed the right direction, but it lacks the abilitjy to pass the authentication via applescript rather choosing to pop up a dialog box for the authentication. Maybe it can be done through Safari, but I gave up and wrote a Java application instead. Can anyone help me with the applescript to do this?

2. Performance. I am sending images resized for my remote of choice (a Treo 650) but it takes entirely too long to download the images. Only about 4 seconds via bluetooth, but if I connect via TCP/IP it increases to almost 20 seconds. Maybe my VPN connection or the fact that I am 5000 miles from home or the use of GPRS. I am not done finalizing the exact cause of the delay but 20 second will just not do. Can anyone recommend a faster way to get the images to display on the remote? Ideally, I am looking to decrease the delay enough to implement interactive pan and tilt for the cameras.

3. Size of the image. The original question of this thread. I would really preffer to loose the title bar in order to make for a larger image. Is there a way to get a full screen image?
jaysonc

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the java application in case anyone has an IP camera.
It will download files from a secured URL.

It is pretty generic, incomplete, and has limited (read non-existent) error handling. Just send it good data and everything will work just fine. :D
jaysonc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to updating the java application. No functionality changes but it handles errors a little more gracefully.
underburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, Could I use an iSight as an IP Cam?
P3T3R

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="underburn"]Stupid question, Could I use an iSight as an IP Cam?[/quote]

Yes. Get Evocam (http://www.evological.com/evocam.html) and set it up to upload to the personal webserver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: