FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

scripting iTunes->Windows Media Player playlist transfer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jae_63

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: scripting iTunes->Windows Media Player playlist transfer Reply with quote

I'd like to transfer selected MP3s from iTunes on my PC to ptunes on my Treo:

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

It supports using Windows Media Player to transfer files to my Treo:
http://www.pocket-tunes.com/?page=userguide#InstallAudioWMP10

I'd like to write a Clicker script which would instruct iTunes to export a playlist to Windows Media Player, and then instruct WMP to ship those files to my Treo via Bluetooth.

Any ideas on how to get started with this choreography?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting (and somewhat tough) one...

I'm not quite familiar with how to track import works in WMP. I think you'd be well served by looking at the "Select Playlist" script for iTunes. Copy this code into a new script to make the foundation for what you want to build.

Then, replace the part that starts playing the tracks in the selected playlist with code that imports the track files in a WMP playlist. You may find the script "Add to Playlist" for WMP useful in getting a bit of an idea (see the function "addToPlaylist_valueUpdated()".

Not much more I can do to help you. You should make sure to download the iTunes SDK. It has a CHM-file with documentation on iTunes scripting. Also, you should browse the MSDN site on WMP's object model fill in the blanks.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: