FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Connecting more then one phone at a time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Connecting more then one phone at a time? Reply with quote

Hi!

How many phones can connect to the pc simultaneously?

Thanks for the great program!
Reflex
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One phone, at this point.

Best.
--
Jonas
onhiatus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance of this being implemented in the near future?

Or is there a work around (running and/or installing multiple instances of Saling Clicker, etc)?

Thanks for an amazing piece of software!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unlikely I'll to it in the near future, as it's a rather rare use case (and there are other, more pressing, development needs; such as support for new upcoming devices).

Best.
--
Jonas
onhiatus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supporting new devices might be a priority (I'm hoping to get a t809!), but I disagree that this is a rare use case - I don't know a single house that has more than one person living in it that has less than two phones...

I'm hoping to use SC as input / output for the automation software that we run in our house - only one phone connected limits what could be a very cool system... I'd like three connections right now.

If you want to figure out how relevant this is, do some sort of poll. I think you might be surprised.

Again - this is great software, I've bought it, and I am having a blast. Plus have been pointing friends to it.
Reflex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its an important feature to identify the user (winamp rating, video library, different music in different rooms etc). The service functionality would make it perfect...
fritzintn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bringing this back to the top again to see if there are any new developments with this.

I inquired about this quite a long time ago as well, and I agree that the number of people who would like to use two phones at once is likely larger than you would think.

I use Indigo, VLC, etc with SC to control my home theater, lighting throughout the house and other devices. Having the ability to have proximity alerts, mute/pause, etc for two different phones would make the integration near perfect.

If anyone can come up with any workarounds, that would be greatly appreciated.

- Steven
RaTorg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agre with your customers on this one, Jonas. This summer me and my girlfriend are renovating this new apartment that we bought. We`re going to install a complete home automation system based on the homeseer system. As I`ve mentiones before, there is supposed to be a salling module thing for this software. Now, when I`m, for example, stuck in the bathroom with my phone and my girlfriend wants to control something from the couch/bed (e.g. ventilation, lights, radiotors, buzzer), what will we do then ? I picture her shouting to me, asking me to shut of SC so that she can log on with her phone ? This offers little functionality =)

Conclusion; Multiple connections would be great. Thank for the best software so far, and ofcourse I`ve paid for my version =)

- RaT
ApacheUK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree aswell, I do not believe this is a rare case.

I have a Siemens SX1 and a Loox 720. I have Clicker installed on both and would like both to be able to connecgt at the same time since I am never using just one of the two. Also I would like my roomateto be able to connect since we share a Squeezebox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: