FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Request: start SallSoft from cellphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTrance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Request: start SallSoft from cellphone Reply with quote

Hey,
I was amazed by the functionality of this program, best cellphone program ever. Respect to the makers :)...

Anyway,
I always close SallSoft on my pc because it demands high CPU, so I was wondering if it would be possible to create a javascript that can start/close SallSoft from my cellphone.

The reason why such a script would be convenient:
1)If you want to surprise someone, it's quite stupid to start SallSoft on your pc manually. This way, people are more likely to expect something.
2)This program improves laziness :p BUT: If I want to open iTunes from my couch, I need to walk to my computer first to open the program. So why not change all this by execute a javascript and let your cellphone do this job for you ;) .

I request this script because I don't know sh*t about scripting :oops: .
Someone willing to do it? Or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I don't know how you expect to be able to control your computer to launch Salling Clicker when Salling Clicker is not running? Am I misunderstanding something? ;-)

I think the best thing would be to figure out why the app is consuming CPU resources. Because it shouldn't. Really.

Please describe what you're seeing in some detail, and I'm rather sure I'll be able to give you adequate advice.

Best.
--
Jonas
HTrance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well, when I played San Andreas yesterday I noticed it didn't ran smoothly. So I checked the task mgr and WinClicker consumed more than 12000 kB. I don't know if this is normal but I had to close the program to play SA properly.

So i wondered if it would be possible to create another .jar file that can start/close WinClicker?
It goes like this:
Execute "WinClicker".jar on you cellphone.
The cellphone sends a Bluetooth-signal to launch WinClicker.exe on your pc.
When the application is running, you can Execute SallSoft.jar without leaving your seat :D.

Is this possible?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12MB is nothing these days; I cannot see how SA would be hindered by this.

Are you sure nothing else is going on?

- Jonas

[quote="HTrance"]Hmm well, when I played San Andreas yesterday I noticed it didn't ran smoothly. So I checked the task mgr and WinClicker consumed more than 12000 kB. I don't know if this is normal but I had to close the program to play SA properly.

So i wondered if it would be possible to create another .jar file that can start/close WinClicker?
It goes like this:
Execute "WinClicker".jar on you cellphone.
The cellphone sends a Bluetooth-signal to launch WinClicker.exe on your pc.
When the application is running, you can Execute SallSoft.jar without leaving your seat :D.

Is this possible?[/quote]
HTrance

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]12MB is nothing these days; I cannot see how SA would be hindered by this.

Are you sure nothing else is going on?

- Jonas
[/quote]

Hmm ok, I have just launched Winclicker and it consumes 10MB, so 12MB is idd pretty normal.
But I know what was wrong, I wrote some scripts to open Mozilla Mail. After launching the test-scripts, I systematically closed all Mozilla windows, but what happend? They weren't closed and were still running in the taskmgr :roll: .
So there are no problems :D
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks for the followup!

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: