FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

differences between Palm client and Windows Mobile client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g_man

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: differences between Palm client and Windows Mobile client Reply with quote

Hi,

I use a Palm TX as my Clicker client system, and I run into this issue: If I want to turn off the Palm TX while running Clicker using bluetooth, I first must disconnect in the Clicker software, and then turn off. If I don't, I need to reboot the Palm, as things become locked. I realize this probably is due to the Palm OS not multitasking, and/or getting upset about bluetooth connections.

I wonder if Windows Mobile clients have the same issue or not? I would seriously consider moving to a WM device if I could solve this (my Palm is only used for the Clicker software and occasional web browsing).

Thanks for any ideas.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Have you tried waiting 30 seconds or so before resetting the device?

Best.
--
Jonas
g_man

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

[quote]Have you tried waiting 30 seconds or so before resetting the device? [/quote]
I *think* I have, but I will try again tonight.

Does this happen with Windows Mobile devices as well? I realize this is a small detail, but at least with a Palm TX, there is no way to power off automatically when Clicker is running, and using the power switch without disconnecting Clicker first causes some issues (or a 30 second wait as you have described).
jae_63

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicker is stable on my Treo 650. Lots of other apps are not.

I wonder if you might have installed Clicker to run off the SD card rather than out of RAM. I could see how this could cause this sort of instability.

I run a lot of my apps off the SD card on my Palm, but I'm quite selective about which ones.

I don't know how to recover crash information from a TX, but it seems that it would be worthwhile to gather this information and pass it along to Jonas.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Windows Mobile behavior is quite different and varies a lot between different devices, OS versions, and stacks.

You wouldn't see this particular problem, though.

On the Windows Mobile 5 devices I've tried, "turning off" the unit doesn't, really. Clicker keeps running.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="g_man"]Hi,

[quote]Have you tried waiting 30 seconds or so before resetting the device? [/quote]
I *think* I have, but I will try again tonight.

Does this happen with Windows Mobile devices as well? I realize this is a small detail, but at least with a Palm TX, there is no way to power off automatically when Clicker is running, and using the power switch without disconnecting Clicker first causes some issues (or a 30 second wait as you have described).[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: