FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

ASUS A6Va internal BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve775c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: ASUS A6Va internal BT Reply with quote

Hi there!
I'm using Salling Clicker on my Mac already for a long time. Now I wanted to try it out on my Windows Notebook which has internal Bluetooth from Toshiba. I already read about Problems with the Toshiba BT Stack and that there will be support for it in a later Version. Does Salling Clicker work when I uninstall the Toshiba BT Stack and install the Windows XP Stack?

Thank you for your help....

Steve
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ASUS A6Va internal BT Reply with quote

Most likely, yes. I've seen this work in several cases. It is important that all of the Toshiba software is removed.

Also, after removing the Toshiba software, rename this file:

C:\windows\inf\bth.inf

Let us know how it worked out!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="steve775c"]Hi there!
I'm using Salling Clicker on my Mac already for a long time. Now I wanted to try it out on my Windows Notebook which has internal Bluetooth from Toshiba. I already read about Problems with the Toshiba BT Stack and that there will be support for it in a later Version. Does Salling Clicker work when I uninstall the Toshiba BT Stack and install the Windows XP Stack?

Thank you for your help....

Steve[/quote]
steve775c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Stuck with Windows BT Stack Reply with quote

So here is what I have tried so far:

Unistalled the Toshiba BT Stack and renamed the file C:\windows\inf\bth.inf to bth.inf.old.

I restarted my Notebook and Windows found an „unknown device“ and wanted to install the driver. The Wizard tried to find the driver online but didn't succeed.

I navigated manually to the folder to which I downloaded the Toshiba drivers before. I thought that windows needs the drivers to use the Windows XP BT Stack. The Driver for the BT Device was installed correctly, but after that Windows asked for another driver, because it found a new device called „RFBUS“. I couldn't find any driver for this device and stopped at this point.

Did I do something wrong? Are there drivers for the BT Device from Microsoft, so that the Windows BT Stack can be used?

Greetings from Prague

Stefan W.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not need anything from Toshiba to run the Microsoft stack.

You are using XP Service Pack 2, right?

Best.
--
Jonas
steve775c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that’s right! Windows XP with SP2. Should Windows normally install the BT Driver for the internal BT module automatically? Is there a step by step guide how to fully uninstall the Toshiba Stack and install the Microsoft stack? I haven't found anything on the ASUS / Toshiba website.

Thank you for the really fast support here.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given you the steps that I know work *if* the Bluetooth hardware is supported by the Microsoft stack. I guess it is possible that your ASUS hardware doesn't. At this point, I do not know if that is the case.

Assuming your SP2 installation is complete, I'm partial to guessing your Bluetooth hardware doesn't support the MS stack. Sorry.

One way to (hopefully) find out would be to ask ASUS support. It is likely, however, that their call center people will simply ask you to use the Toshiba drivers they ship with the computer.

Best.
--
Jonas
steve775c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: eMailed to ASUS Support... Reply with quote

I mailed to the ASUS Support and asked them if it is possible to use the internal Toshiba Bluetooth module with the Windows XP BT Stack. The last time I emailed them, it took 2 weeks after I got an answer. We'll see how long it takes this time. As soon as I have something new, I'll post it here.

Thank you again for your very good support...

Stefan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... Looking forward to the report. Hopefully, it'll help others.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
steve775c

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Clicker is working!! Reply with quote

Hi there!

I still haven't got any answer from the ASUS-Support, so I tried to install the Microsoft stack manually today. I followed the instructions in this thread: [url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2934] Switching from BlueSoleil (solved)[/url]. But at the end of point (2) I installed the [url]http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/sm65btmon.exe]Bluetooth Monitor for MS Stack by Toshiba[/url] and installed it.
Now I rebooted and turned on the internal BT-Modul of my Notebook and Windows started the setup wizard to install the drivers. After switching the BT-Modul off and on again Windows found another unkown device and installed the Bluetooth Enumerator Driver. Then I rebooted and could use the MS Stack and also Clicker.

I hope this helps the other users of an ASUS notebook with internal Toshiba BT-Module.

Stefan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Stefan! Sounds like really helpful advice for other users.

Best.
--
Jonas
mito

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@steve775c: does the Windows Stack have any disadvantages compared to the Toshiba Stack?

Mito
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't support Bluetooth headsets.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mito"]@steve775c: does the Windows Stack have any disadvantages compared to the Toshiba Stack?

Mito[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: