FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

slvr L7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slvr_mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: slvr L7 Reply with quote

Hello,

just purchased a Motorola SLVR L7 from Orange in Paris, France.

Have anyone been able to make it work well with Salling Clicker?

Anyone tried flashing it and installing a new firmware?

Or at least had it unblocked from it's IMEI lock?

thank you for help,
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: slvr L7 Reply with quote

Did you try Clicker with it? If so, what was the problem?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="slvr_mac"]Hello,

just purchased a Motorola SLVR L7 from Orange in Paris, France.

Have anyone been able to make it work well with Salling Clicker?

Anyone tried flashing it and installing a new firmware?

Or at least had it unblocked from it's IMEI lock?

thank you for help,[/quote]
slvr_mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

I did not intend to buy Salling Clicker before i was sure about it working seemlessly with my slvr L7 phone.

Also, i have heard of specific problems with my phone (Orange in France) in terms of bluetooth reception/emission. I use a Powerbook (unfortunately not a MacBook!!) and i have all my contacts on Entourage X. I am not able to inspect the media on my phone from my mac, nor did my friend get it working on his version 2.2 of Salling Clicker.

I am unaware of weather unlocking the phone resolves bluetooth issues or if i should investigate to have it flashed with new firware installed. What i hear is that iTunes can be installed in this latter case.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not have to buy Salling Clicker in order to just test it. Download the latest version (2.2 will *not* work) and give it a shot.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="slvr_mac"]hello,

I did not intend to buy Salling Clicker before i was sure about it working seemlessly with my slvr L7 phone.

Also, i have heard of specific problems with my phone (Orange in France) in terms of bluetooth reception/emission. I use a Powerbook (unfortunately not a MacBook!!) and i have all my contacts on Entourage X. I am not able to inspect the media on my phone from my mac, nor did my friend get it working on his version 2.2 of Salling Clicker.

I am unaware of weather unlocking the phone resolves bluetooth issues or if i should investigate to have it flashed with new firware installed. What i hear is that iTunes can be installed in this latter case.[/quote]
JBracy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="slvr_mac"] I use a Powerbook (unfortunately not a MacBook!!) and i have all my contacts on Entourage X. I am not able to inspect the media on my phone from my mac, nor did my friend get it working on his version 2.2 of Salling Clicker.[/quote]

Microsoft just updated Office to include Sync support with Apple Sync services

[quote="http://www.microsoft.com/mac"]Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.3 Update

After you install this update, you can use Mac OS X Sync Services and Spotlight searches to sync and find Entourage items, use smart cards with Entourage 2004, and enjoy improved overall security and stability when using Microsoft Word 2004, Excel 2004, PowerPoint 2004, and Entourage 2004. This update also includes all of the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates.[/quote]
nonameplayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty confused.. I have the non-cingular SLVR and don't know which phone to set it up as.. any help?

I'm a mac user..

thanks

Justin
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set it up as a Nokia 8800. This will work.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="nonameplayer"]i'm pretty confused.. I have the non-cingular SLVR and don't know which phone to set it up as.. any help?

I'm a mac user..

thanks

Justin[/quote]
bradleysmaskell

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. so i loaded the nokia 8800 software into my kjava folder from my powerbook onto my slvr l7's memory card. I installed it. Now when i click on it, it just says not connected, and none of the option buttons work. I am working on a unlocked phone. Any suggestions on how to actually make it work? please let me know at bradleysmaskell@mac.com
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the JAR from wap.salling.com. This version is updated to deal with the particular keypad codes used by Motorola.

- jonas

[quote="bradleysmaskell"]ok. so i loaded the nokia 8800 software into my kjava folder from my powerbook onto my slvr l7's memory card. I installed it. Now when i click on it, it just says not connected, and none of the option buttons work. I am working on a unlocked phone. Any suggestions on how to actually make it work? please let me know at bradleysmaskell@mac.com[/quote]
bradleysmaskell

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i saw that when i was setting it up in salling clicker. i don't have internet access on my phone cause i don't pay for it. Instead i have to install it over the computer. I went to wap.salling.com on my computer and it was just a bunch of gibberish. however when i was setting up my phone in salling clicker it gave me the option to save to desktop. When I did it gave me a jar and jad file. I put them both in the Kjava folder on my slvr memory card. Any suggestions?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Download the (updated) JAR file directly from your computer:

http://wap.salling.com/SallingClicker.jar

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="bradleysmaskell"]yeah i saw that when i was setting it up in salling clicker. i don't have internet access on my phone cause i don't pay for it. Instead i have to install it over the computer. I went to wap.salling.com on my computer and it was just a bunch of gibberish. however when i was setting up my phone in salling clicker it gave me the option to save to desktop. When I did it gave me a jar and jad file. I put them both in the Kjava folder on my slvr memory card. Any suggestions?[/quote]
bradleysmaskell

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude. I'm not too sure about this nokia software you told me to use. One, I can't connect through my computer. Two, i have to connect to through my phone (slvr L7) to make it work. Three, when I had a sony ericsson, text messages and phone calls would alert on my phone. I could respond to text messages on my computer and when people called their address book pictures would pop up on my computer. Now there's no point in having salling clicker if all it does is control iTunes and my volume.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, the nature of Java on current phones mean it's not practical/desirable to run a background Bluetooth server on the phone. Hence, you need connect from the phone.

If you check out clicker.salling.com, you'll see what kind of features this product is designed to have. Salling Clicker has never let you respond to text messages.

If you don't like your L7, I would kindly suggest you dump it and buy something you're happy with.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="bradleysmaskell"]hey dude. I'm not too sure about this nokia software you told me to use. One, I can't connect through my computer. Two, i have to connect to through my phone (slvr L7) to make it work. Three, when I had a sony ericsson, text messages and phone calls would alert on my phone. I could respond to text messages on my computer and when people called their address book pictures would pop up on my computer. Now there's no point in having salling clicker if all it does is control iTunes and my volume.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?[/quote]
bradleysmaskell

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Salling Clicker allows you the option to "Stay Connected to Address Book" under phone events. This allows you to send text messages on your computer through your bluetooth connection on your phone. The Nokia 8800 software offers no phone event support. the l7 is a great phone and i've had only good experiences with it. Maybe software that is actually for the L7 and that actually had enabled phone events would be a nice perk and atleast some incentive to buy your software. I've read several times what your software can do. Yes I know that i can just connect my phone to my computer by clicking and pairing with address book to do the same thing, but then again, what's the point in having salling clicker for me, if i can't use phone events?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your L7 is compatible with Address Book, so even if Phone Events were supported in Salling Clicker with this phone, you wouldn't be able to use it the way you're describing.

Again, I suggest you read clicker.salling.com if you're having a hard time figuring out what Salling Clicker can do.

I'm cool with you only being interested in phone events, but I [b]know[/b] the software has a lot to offer for a lot of people interested in remote control when used with phones where phone events are not supported.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="bradleysmaskell"]Nope. Salling Clicker allows you the option to "Stay Connected to Address Book" under phone events. This allows you to send text messages on your computer through your bluetooth connection on your phone. The Nokia 8800 software offers no phone event support. the l7 is a great phone and i've had only good experiences with it. Maybe software that is actually for the L7 and that actually had enabled phone events would be a nice perk and atleast some incentive to buy your software. I've read several times what your software can do. Yes I know that i can just connect my phone to my computer by clicking and pairing with address book to do the same thing, but then again, what's the point in having salling clicker for me, if i can't use phone events?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: