FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Phone Events... how to enable "Waiting for Connect" state?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan_Aykroyd

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Phone Events... how to enable "Waiting for Connect" Reply with quote

Hello...

I have a W800 and I know that I can't use them while the Java client is opened in the phone... now my question is, if I have setted to auto connect at login, aggressively, without timing out, should this work as in this scenario:

- I start the computer, the phone is nearby, it get connected.
- I leave home, it goes away; triggering the events.
- I come home, it get's connected again.
- Open the clicker in the phone, the events won't work, close the Clicker, the app in the PC will connect again to the phone
- If I start the computer and the phone is off, when I turn it on the computer will connect to it and repeat all of the above

Because I can't make it autoconnect in any way; not when starting up Windows, restarting the Clicker, NOTHING; only by clicking the button to connect it the app. It works... if I open the client in the phone, and close it, it goes back and never connects again...

What am I overlooking? I'm on MS Stack and without any other software trying or already connected to the phone.

Thanks.

EDIT: The "state" is "Not Connected" when the Clicker first load with Windows. Then, when I manually click the "Connect to Device" button, it connects, if I turn off BT the away event triggers and the state is "Waiting to Connect", if I turn it back on, the Clicker RECONNECTS to the phone... so I think the thing is HOW to have the "Waiting to Connect" state instead of the "Not Connected" one when I open the Clicker in the PC:... :?

EDIT 2: When I manually connect as I wrote above, then open the clicker client in the phone and exit it, the Clicker app in the PC goes back to "Not Connected" and it stops searching again for the phone!

Is something working not so good? Because if it's not, then, what the options of auto-connect on login and Agressively would set?

*) By auto connect to LOGIN, you mean when you open the app or only the first time it's launched at windows login?
Hesky

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice detailed report Dan. I also have the same problem as you. The bluetooth client wont automaticly go into monitoring mode unless I push the button on the client. (going away once connected and coming back works fine) I have SE K750i.

I also can not connect the Mobile clicker software to the PC from handset when status on PC is not connected.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think what you're describing sounds normal.

Upon login, the software is designed to autoconnect if you were connected (from the PC) when logging out, not otherwise.

Best.
--
Jonas

PS. Hesky: the last problem you're mentioning could possibly be a Bluetooth compatibility issue (stack/phone/adapter) affecting the 2005 models.
Dan_Aykroyd

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:shock: :(

... but isn't there a way to make it automatically SCAN when openning the aplication on the PC, so I wouldn't have to manually click the c"onnect to device" button? Because if not, then I would have to click it every time I close the clicker in the phone also, almost losing all it's functionality (phone events).... :roll:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an area I have filed for improvement in a future version. Not top prio, but not bottom prio either.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Dan_Aykroyd"]:shock: :(

... but isn't there a way to make it automatically SCAN when openning the aplication on the PC, so I wouldn't have to manually click the c"onnect to device" button? Because if not, then I would have to click it every time I close the clicker in the phone also, almost losing all it's functionality (phone events).... :roll:[/quote]
Mateo

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y had the same problem with my K750i with MS Stack put now y use Widcomm Bluetooth Stack and y have no problem.
Hesky

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly I have a bluesolli stack with my device and I can not get the Widcomm stck to work with it. so i am stuck with the MS one for now if I intend to use clicker
Dan_Aykroyd

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But according to Jonas, it's not a problem... that's how it works...

How do you say that it works for you? :shock:
Mateo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hesky"]unfortunatly I have a bluesolli stack with my device and I can not get the Widcomm stck to work with it. so i am stuck with the MS one for now if I intend to use clicker[/quote] my original Bluetooth Stack
was Toshiba Bluetooth Stack ai search the net and found a prerelised of Widcomm Bluetooth Stack
ho works with any Bluetooth device.
tested by me with :
[url=http://www.directshopper.de/hama-bluetooth-mobil-picture-viewer-49206_freisprecheinrichtungen-universal_p-Zoom]HAMA 49206[/url] Bluetooth™ 1.2 Dongle with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

[img]http://www.hama.lt/big_foto/49206.jpg[/img]

and :[url=http://www.epox.nl/products/view.php?product_id=373]Epox BT-DG07A+[/url] Bluetooth™ 2.0 +EDR Dongle with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

[img]http://www.epox.nl/images/products/bluetooth/bt-dg07a+_full.jpg[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: