FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

phone/ bluetooth/ computer issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mx5_hustler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: phone/ bluetooth/ computer issue Reply with quote

i do everything the way i'm supposed to and then connect from the computer to my phone via bluetooth. Then i go and launch the program on my phone and click connect than i get the message on my phone

Cannot connect (reason: java.lang.SecurityException) why is that and how can it be fixed...

Phone model is a Cingular Sony Ericsson z520a
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: phone/ bluetooth/ computer issue Reply with quote

Dear mx5_hustler,

As you have a Cingular-tampered model, you must install the client application from wap.salling.com. Then it should work fine. Did you do this? (I think it is mentioned in the instructions that you have to)

Let me know if this doesn't help, and I'll try to come up with something else, ok?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mx5_hustler"]i do everything the way i'm supposed to and then connect from the computer to my phone via bluetooth. Then i go and launch the program on my phone and click connect than i get the message on my phone

Cannot connect (reason: java.lang.SecurityException) why is that and how can it be fixed...

Phone model is a Cingular Sony Ericsson z520a[/quote]
mx5_hustler

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: still screwing up Reply with quote

tried what you said to do, downloaded and installed cliento n my phone still end up getting the same error... any other suggestions :?:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: still screwing up Reply with quote

Okay. To be 100% sure, could you please verify that the version # in About (in Clicker on your phone) says 3.0.36 (or better)?

Also, the error could show if your phone and computer are not properly paired.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mx5_hustler"]tried what you said to do, downloaded and installed cliento n my phone still end up getting the same error... any other suggestions :?:[/quote]
mx5_hustler

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platfrom: sony Ericsson
Version: 3.0.36

I'm running everything correctly... Also i know for a fact that the phone and the computer are paired correctly becuase i can do file transfer and also do Synchronization with both my phones.... And on another note i traded my z in for the W600 and it's still doing it... sounds like a computer issue to me

does anyone know where to look

EDIT...
also need to get a w600 pic up in the Avatar gallerys
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. What Bluetooth stack is on your PC? And what kind of Bluetooth dongle?

Best.
--
Jonas
outspoken

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Okay. What Bluetooth stack is on your PC? And what kind of Bluetooth dongle?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I have the Sony-Ericsson z520a (cingular) and am encountering the same problem. I'm using a MAC.

Hmm, wait a sec. I downloaded 3.0.1 and installed it, but when I look at the Salling Clicker INFO on my phone it says version 3.0.33

on my MAC the About screen says 3.0.1 (477)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't hijack this thread, ok? You don't have the same problem.

For starters, you haven't followed the instructions to install the client application from wap.salling.com

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="outspoken"][quote="salling"]Okay. What Bluetooth stack is on your PC? And what kind of Bluetooth dongle?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I have the Sony-Ericsson z520a (cingular) and am encountering the same problem. I'm using a MAC.

Hmm, wait a sec. I downloaded 3.0.1 and installed it, but when I look at the Salling Clicker INFO on my phone it says version 3.0.33

on my MAC the About screen says 3.0.1 (477)[/quote]
outspoken

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Please don't hijack this thread, ok? You don't have the same problem.

For starters, you haven't followed the instructions to install the client application from wap.salling.com

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="outspoken"][quote="salling"]Okay. What Bluetooth stack is on your PC? And what kind of Bluetooth dongle?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

on my MAC the About screen says 3.0.1 (477)[/quote][/quote]

thanks, i did the web url from my phone and it works now. my mistake. =/
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it worked out, outspoken. :-)

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: