FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

RE: Shared music in iTunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matabrown

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Shared music in iTunes Reply with quote

Hi, i'm new but i did do a search of the forums and a bit of googling before i posted this. I read a few posts but i was still unsure as to whether it was possible to browse and play music that is stored on another computer, i.e. shows up as shared music, using the salling clicker for windows and if it isn't possible can someone point me in the right direction to find a script or to create one myself.

Sorry if my question is answered elsewhere but they seemed out of date or didnt answer my question fully

Cheers

Matt
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Shared music in iTunes Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Playlists in shared libraries [b]can[/b] be accessed through the "Select Playlist" function, [b]assuming[/b] the playlists in the shared library have been loaded by iTunes. I hope this makes sense.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="matabrown"]Hi, i'm new but i did do a search of the forums and a bit of googling before i posted this. I read a few posts but i was still unsure as to whether it was possible to browse and play music that is stored on another computer, i.e. shows up as shared music, using the salling clicker for windows and if it isn't possible can someone point me in the right direction to find a script or to create one myself.

Sorry if my question is answered elsewhere but they seemed out of date or didnt answer my question fully

Cheers

Matt[/quote]
matabrown

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

Thanks so much just one more question, you mentioned in some of the posts forums about converting one bluetooth dongle of a certain stack and getting it to work with the microsoft stack. How do i go about doing this?

Bluesoleil ----> Microsoft

(seen as i cant get salling clciker to recognise my widcomm version)

Matt
Hesky

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you uninstall Bluesolli adn reboot your PC Windows XP should automaticly detect bluetooth dongle and install the MS Stack for it
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all adapters sold with the BlueSoleil stack are compatible with the MS stack, so chances of success aren't 100%. But it's certainly worth a try.

Best.
--
Jonas
matabrown

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: O dear Reply with quote

I tryed what you said. ie. uninstalling the bluesoleil, but windows simply won't install the drivers for it! Arggh, any more ideas or shall I just go and buy a new one.

If i do buy a new do you know of any devices that you are certain are compatible with the microsoft stack?

Thanks again

Matt
djrobsd

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: O dear Reply with quote

[quote="matabrown"]I tryed what you said. ie. uninstalling the bluesoleil, but windows simply won't install the drivers for it! Arggh, any more ideas or shall I just go and buy a new one.

If i do buy a new do you know of any devices that you are certain are compatible with the microsoft stack?

Thanks again

Matt[/quote]

I'm using the Linksys one, and it works FABULOUS. Not only is it compatible, BUT!!!! The linksys is the only one I found which has a longer range... I can go outside to my neighbors house and still click away... I'm in heaven now.
jae_63

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Linksys device (i.e., which model #) gives you a good range?

I have an Airnet Bluetooth ABT101, which in principle is a Class 1 device with 100 meter range, but in practice only gives me about 8 feet when going through an interior wall (farther without walls).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: