FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Motorola PEBL U6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnnywhojr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Motorola PEBL U6 Reply with quote

Need Help!!!

I have recently purchased a Moto PEBL U6! I am a Canadian using the Roger's Wireless network. I was told from Motorola themselves that there is a "reflash" with approved Canadian software. The only problem is that they want $150.00 for the software. Can anyone help out with this??? I really do not want to pay that much just to get the internet working on my phone. My phone is unlocked for my SIM to work. I just cannot seem to use the internet or use the mms messaging. Please assist if you can.

Thanks

Johnny
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold your horses!

Sounds like they're trying to rip you off on that software. I can see no reason why you'd need "Canadian approved" software to get online, or send MMS messages.

All you need are phone settings for Roger's network; then plug these into your phone. Most user-friendly networks these days offer OTA (over-the-air) settings for these things, which usually means you enter your phone number on a web page, and the operator sends your a message that automatically configures the phone. Not sure about Roger's.

Helpful phone manufacturers will also offer OTA. Wasn't able to find it on Motorola's site, however.

Hopefully someone here will be able to help you with the Roger's settings.

Best.
--
Jonas
Johnnywhojr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Not that easy..... Reply with quote

I actually called Rogers Tech support and they informed that because the PEBL is exclusive to pretty much 2 carriers, that they didn't have the upgraded software. So I called motorola after that and they informed that they "approved canadian software" was an update through the Fido network, which are both 1 company technically. So, then I thought to send an email after I already knew the cost, asking if there was another way to get this update, and the reply was pretty much a nope. So, I thought I would try here.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Not that easy..... Reply with quote

My point is that I don't see why you'd need special firmware for Canada/Roger's.

For what it's worth, the PEBL is sold here in Sweden too (not operator-locked, I think). So I don't think it's exclusive to two operators.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Johnnywhojr"]I actually called Rogers Tech support and they informed that because the PEBL is exclusive to pretty much 2 carriers, that they didn't have the upgraded software. So I called motorola after that and they informed that they "approved canadian software" was an update through the Fido network, which are both 1 company technically. So, then I thought to send an email after I already knew the cost, asking if there was another way to get this update, and the reply was pretty much a nope. So, I thought I would try here.[/quote]
Johnnywhojr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: a little push in the right direction....... Reply with quote

......well I have been reading other forums and have found an update for my PEBL but they all say that you need to use the RSD Lite 2.7 to flash the phone. I must be dumb today because I cannot seem to find where I would download this program. So, if anyone knows of a "free" place to DL this file, that would super duper!!! :)

Jonas....I believe that the 2 carrier specific companies are T-Mobile in the US and Vodafone in Europe. But I could be wrong.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction. This is the nicest Motorola Phone that I have ever owned. I have gone through 7 phones in 10 months trying to find the right one.

Thanks Johnny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: