FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figgs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid Error Reply with quote

I've downloaded the Demo and tryed to connect my Samsung i730 Pocket Pc running windows mobile 2003 with my Windows XP SP2 Laptop. I am using a D-link DBT-120 Bluetooth dongle to connect. I am able to sync my phone and connect to my PC via bluetooth. I am using the Microsoft Stack and Clicker is the only program I have a problem with.

Clicker regognizes "Microsoft Bluetooth: Device Present", and my Smartphone finds the Notebook on discover, too.

When I attmept to connect from the Phone, i get a "Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid" Error-Message (big grey window) on my Notebook-Screen. Does anyone else have this problem?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid Error Reply with quote

Hi there,

Never heard of it. I take it you get the same error if you try to connect directly from the PC?

Have you tried restarting your PC?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Figgs"]I've downloaded the Demo and tryed to connect my Samsung i730 Pocket Pc running windows mobile 2003 with my Windows XP SP2 Laptop. I am using a D-link DBT-120 Bluetooth dongle to connect. I am able to sync my phone and connect to my PC via bluetooth. I am using the Microsoft Stack and Clicker is the only program I have a problem with.

Clicker regognizes "Microsoft Bluetooth: Device Present", and my Smartphone finds the Notebook on discover, too.

When I attmept to connect from the Phone, i get a "Bluetoth port/channel or device address invalid" Error-Message (big grey window) on my Notebook-Screen. Does anyone else have this problem?[/quote]
Figgs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly. When I tryto connect from my computer I get a different error message. "Could not find any useful services on this device." I tried a restart and reinstalling the program and bluetooth drivers. Any other suggestions?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I haven't had a chance to try Clicker with the i730, but I don't anticipate there'd be any problems on that end.

I'd be more prone to suspect problems with the DLink dongle. Firmware age, for instance.

Do you have any other computers or dongles to try with, for reference so to speak?

Also, could you please re-pair the two devices from your PC's Bluetooth settings?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Figgs"]Not exactly. When I tryto connect from my computer I get a different error message. "Could not find any useful services on this device." I tried a restart and reinstalling the program and bluetooth drivers. Any other suggestions?[/quote]
GriffUSN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I have a Samsung i730, setup BT pairing btwn i730 & PC (able to successfully activesync w/i730 via BT) .. when I try and select "Connect to Device" msg says: "Connect Failed .. Could not find any useful services on this device." FYI in brand I selected "Win Mobile" & model "Pocket PC" Help?!

Thanks
Pete
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Same Problem Reply with quote

Hm. What if you try connecting from the phone? Do you get the same result as "Figgs" (above)?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="GriffUSN"]I have a Samsung i730, setup BT pairing btwn i730 & PC (able to successfully activesync w/i730 via BT) .. when I try and select "Connect to Device" msg says: "Connect Failed .. Could not find any useful services on this device." FYI in brand I selected "Win Mobile" & model "Pocket PC" Help?!

Thanks
Pete[/quote]
GriffUSN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can connect to activesync (PC) via phone so it has the pairing. What it appears to lack is the appropriate profile for the data connection. All I seem to be able to recognize as far as service on the i730 is the voice gateway. Would I be right in assuming that when I "search for available services" on the i730 that I should have something other than only "Voice Gateway" on the i730. I think Verizon may have screwed me on limiting services on the i730.

If this is the case, is there any way to regedit a fix into the i730?

MANY thanks for the help..

Pete
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too suspect Verizon crippling. When you're checking what services are on the phone, what Bluetooth stack on Windows are you using? I'd like to cross-check with a Pocket PC device I have here; on my Mac, it shows significantly more services, but it may be that your stack doesn't show services it doesn't understand.

You should see "Dial-up Networking", though (unless Verizon has disabled it). All Bluetooth stacks care about that one.

Best.
--
Jonas Salling

[quote="GriffUSN"]I can connect to activesync (PC) via phone so it has the pairing. What it appears to lack is the appropriate profile for the data connection. All I seem to be able to recognize as far as service on the i730 is the voice gateway. Would I be right in assuming that when I "search for available services" on the i730 that I should have something other than only "Voice Gateway" on the i730. I think Verizon may have screwed me on limiting services on the i730.

If this is the case, is there any way to regedit a fix into the i730?

MANY thanks for the help..

Pete[/quote]
GriffUSN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how to get what you're asking(?):

WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 1.4.2 Build 10

MSI USB device:
HCL Version Bluetooth HCL 1.1
LMP Version Bluetooth LMP 1.1

.. not that much of an expert when it comes to this!! :wink:
Thanks again!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect!

I get a much longer list:

- ActiveSync
- HotSync
- Dial-up Networking
- OBEX Object Push
- Voice Gateway

This is with the Widcomm stack against a QTEK Pocket PC device.

I think this suggests Verizon has disabled anything but headset functionality with the i730. The Salling Clicker client software on the phone is not allowed to add itself as a service.

Verizon has a habit of doing these things to their phones; I think it stinks.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="GriffUSN"]Not sure how to get what you're asking(?):

WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 1.4.2 Build 10

MSI USB device:
HCL Version Bluetooth HCL 1.1
LMP Version Bluetooth LMP 1.1

.. not that much of an expert when it comes to this!! :wink:
Thanks again![/quote]
GriffUSN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. I thought so. It's criminal. Verizon is going to lose a customer. :x

Anyone know a good registry hack to enable these services on an i730?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: