FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

How to make Entourage overwrite phone (t68)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nygaard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: How to make Entourage overwrite phone (t68) Reply with quote

I am using MobileSync to synchronize between Mac's Entourage (Outlook look-alike) and my Ericsson T68 via Bluetooth, and I am very happy with this feature!
But, I can not decide which end should overwrite the other, it seems that it is always the phone that overwrites Entourage.
Can someone please help how I can change this?

Note though, that if I delete my whole entry list on the phone, Entourage will overwrite the phone.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How to make Entourage overwrite phone (t68) Reply with quote

Hello!

I do not understand the question. MobileSync syncs in both directions, and you already figured out how to force a clean copy of Entourage to your phone.

I must be missing something. :-(

- jonas

[quote="nygaard"]I am using MobileSync to synchronize between Mac's Entourage (Outlook look-alike) and my Ericsson T68 via Bluetooth, and I am very happy with this feature!
But, I can not decide which end should overwrite the other, it seems that it is always the phone that overwrites Entourage.
Can someone please help how I can change this?

Note though, that if I delete my whole entry list on the phone, Entourage will overwrite the phone.[/quote]
nygaard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jonas,

Thanks for the fast reply.
My problem is, that if I make small changes to my phone (like eg deleting a contact) and then updating my Entourage contact list with the same contact, it is not my phone which is updated but the contact in Entourage which is deleted.

Like with eg Palm sync software I would thus like to know, if it is possible to define which end should overwrite the other?

Hope to hear from you again.

Br,
Steen
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I'm sorry. There's no setting for this.

Synchronize more often, and the risk of the situation you're describing is very low.

- jonas

[quote="nygaard"]Hello Jonas,

Thanks for the fast reply.
My problem is, that if I make small changes to my phone (like eg deleting a contact) and then updating my Entourage contact list with the same contact, it is not my phone which is updated but the contact in Entourage which is deleted.

Like with eg Palm sync software I would thus like to know, if it is possible to define which end should overwrite the other?

Hope to hear from you again.

Br,
Steen[/quote]
gaetan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I have the same problem, but with the calendar sync.
I have made a first sync with Entourage (at work),in order to synchronize with iCal (at home) using iSync.
When I have made the sync at home all my Entourage calendar informations were removed and replaced by iCal informations.
That is not the result I was expecting.
And today if I try to sync again with my Entourage calendar, the alert message tell me that 83 infos will be removed on Entourage and "will resolve the conflict by the phone's version".
This is not the sync I want, but just like Palm sync, infos added on the phone must be added to Entourage, and infos added on Entourage must be added on the phone, is it a dream ?
Thank for your help, and sorry for my bad english.
Gaetan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As is mentioned in the built-in help, it is not recommended that you sync also your phone with other applications. The sync-log is too short in the phone, and the software will get confused by the resulting flurry of changes.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gaetan"]Hello,
I have the same problem, but with the calendar sync.
I have made a first sync with Entourage (at work),in order to synchronize with iCal (at home) using iSync.
When I have made the sync at home all my Entourage calendar informations were removed and replaced by iCal informations.
That is not the result I was expecting.
And today if I try to sync again with my Entourage calendar, the alert message tell me that 83 infos will be removed on Entourage and "will resolve the conflict by the phone's version".
This is not the sync I want, but just like Palm sync, infos added on the phone must be added to Entourage, and infos added on Entourage must be added on the phone, is it a dream ?
Thank for your help, and sorry for my bad english.
Gaetan[/quote]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: