FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Changing screen message window level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennismlee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Changing screen message window level? Reply with quote

Is this possible? When SEC Helper displays a message (for example, on changing tracks in iTunes) is that message is a window? Can the window level be changed? I ask because I would like to enable the message to appear over the visualization of iTunes in full screen mode.

When iTunes (v. 4, still haven't upgraded cause I feel like iTunes 5 & 6 got hit with the ugly stick) does full-screen visualization, Quicktime sets the window level to ScreenSaver (1001) which is the frontmost level. I'd like to bump the Clicker message up to that level as well, so that even when the visualization is running I could click a script to display the track info.

Any ideas?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It appears this must have stopped working at some point (OS upgrade?).

NSScreenSaverWindowLevel is used for window level, so that's not it.

Best.
--
Jonas
dennismlee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: could it be iTunes 4 vs. (5 or 6)? Reply with quote

I'm still using iTunes 4. Do you think that might have something to do with it? I don't understand why that would be the case, though. When I get home I guess I'll try upgrading to iTunes 6 and see if that changes things.

Or maybe I need to tell SEC Helper to activate first in my script, to bring the app "in front" of iTunes?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrading iTunes won't make a difference (I tested with the latest version).

I think for now you'll have to live with this, but please post back if you find a workaround based on sequencing the effects/visualizer invokations.

Best.
--
Jonas
dennismlee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: no luck so far Reply with quote

Well, so far I have had no luck. There appears to be no way to change the window level of either the iTunes full-screen visualizer or the SEC Helper bezel by using Applescript, which is about the extent of my abilities (unless you want me to write some quick and dirty ANSI C code for computation).

Changing the order of invocation and/or telling particular applications to "activate" seems to have no result.

Would you consider updating the window level to (NSScreenSaverWindowLevel + 1)?

Dunno if that would even work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: