FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bboyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: error message Reply with quote

aight so i have the salling clicker app. on my cell phone (nokia 6103 unlocked) and i have the salling program on my windows computer. i have the program open now and on the "about" tab, the support information says: wildcomm bluetooth (4.0.1.2400); device present. i can transfer files to and from my phone to my computer and vice versa. but when i try to connect to salling clicker through my phone i get this message: "application access to set to not allowed" then i get another message sayint "cannot connect: reason: java.lang.security.exception" can anyone help me witht his problem?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When the phone says: "application access to set to not allowed", change this to "allow".

It won't work if you tell the phone to *not* allow access to Bluetooth.

Best.
--
Jonas
bboyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: dont know how Reply with quote

i dont k now how to change it to allow on the phone. there's no option to do that. thats my problem...
kbosward

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: dont know how Reply with quote

[quote="bboyc"]i dont k now how to change it to allow on the phone. there's no option to do that. thats my problem...[/quote]

I don't have a 6103 (I have a 6280), but it will be something like Menu > Applications > Collection, then scroll down to Salling Clicker and instead of pressing Open, press Options. Then select App access> Communication > Connectivity and change to Always Allowed.

Ken.
bboyc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

i tried that too....and my apps. access option is greyed out...that option isnt available for some reason, i just dont know the reason....thanks for the help though
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Sounds like you've bought a crippled 6103 that doesn't support Java applications. Some operators do this nasty stuff when branding phones. I have no idea why.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="bboyc"]i tried that too....and my apps. access option is greyed out...that option isnt available for some reason, i just dont know the reason....thanks for the help though[/quote]
kbosward

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

[quote="bboyc"]i tried that too....and my apps. access option is greyed out...that option isnt available for some reason, i just dont know the reason....thanks for the help though[/quote]

Is it a T-Mobile 6103? You can find lots of stuff using Google about the App. access option greyed-out on those phones from T-Mobile. They allow you to load and run java midlets, but you can't change the option to allow them to connect to anything.

Ken.
bboyc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: tmobile Reply with quote

yes its a tmobile 6103. so does that mean i cant use the salling clicker at all on this phone? is there any other options or would i just have to buy another phone if i wanted to use this application?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: tmobile Reply with quote

I'm afraid at this point, it's not possible to get the software to run on this particular branded version of the 6103. Sorry. :-(

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="bboyc"]yes its a tmobile 6103. so does that mean i cant use the salling clicker at all on this phone? is there any other options or would i just have to buy another phone if i wanted to use this application?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: