FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

BlackBerry Pearl
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffspence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: BlackBerry Pearl Reply with quote

I've been using the incredible Salling Clicker for a few years now, on everything from Sony Ericsson to WM5 and Palm. I love this software!

I just bought the BlackBerry Pearl and forgot to check for Clicker compatibility first (oops). To my surprise, this is probably my favorite phone of all that I've owned, and it seems perfect for Clickerization, if possible.

Any plans for supporting the BlackBerry Pearl? I apologize if this has been asked before, this is my first trek to the forums.
lionel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Me too! Reply with quote

I have also been using salling clicker for a while and can no longer use it on my new Blackberry Pearl.

Support would be very much appriciated.
jonm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote

I'd be more than willing to pay for Blackberry Pearl support. Any consideration (well, in a positive sense) is appreciated.
sp4rky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting to buy a Pearl but Salling clicker is the only thing holding me from doing it.

Is there anything we could do to get this support in motion? I read somewhere that Salling Software doesn't develope for the Blackberries becasue they are unaware of demand. Demand im sure is high and even if not that's still potential market for Salling Software, seems like a smart thing to do.

Just my thoughts. Please let us know about support.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, we're holding out for RIM to add JSR82-support (Bluetooth) to Java in their devices.

One way to make a Clicker version for BB more likely (sooner) would be to request that RIM get JSR82 in there.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="sp4rky"]I am waiting to buy a Pearl but Salling clicker is the only thing holding me from doing it.

Is there anything we could do to get this support in motion? I read somewhere that Salling Software doesn't develope for the Blackberries becasue they are unaware of demand. Demand im sure is high and even if not that's still potential market for Salling Software, seems like a smart thing to do.

Just my thoughts. Please let us know about support.[/quote]
darren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a JSR-82 update is released, what would be involved in porting Clicker over to the Blackberry platform?

If Clicker can be ported over, the Blackberry Pearl may very well be my next phone.

I've been using it on my T637 and my Dell Axim, and it's just an incredible application.
ddtchen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: BlackBerry 8700 Reply with quote

I've got a BlackBerry 8700, and I'd love to use its BlueTooth capability with Salling Clicker. Please support this!!!

Thanks.

In the meantime, I'm going to still use my defunct Sony Ericsson T616, which I now only use for Salling Clicker--I took out the SIM card after I got my BlackBerry, but it still is a great remote for Keynote and PowerPoint!

best,

Don
cgrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Pearl may not support JSR-82, I believe that RIM does have an API available. The maps application that comes preloaded on the phone can access the Bluetooth, so there has to be a way to do it. Support for the Pearl would be amazing!
lukexi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIM Contact Info is here:

http://www.rim.net/company/contact/index.shtml

Looks like help@rim.com is the one to go for.
schalliol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the address RIM says to send suggestions to:
bbsuggestions@rim.com
zachhale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very very interested in having support for the Pearl. Please bring sailing clicker to those of us on the Pearl! We will love you for it!
JBM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Any new info on Pearl, Clicker and JSR82? Reply with quote

I e-mailed RIM regarding JSR82 support on the Pearl. I received the following response:

[quote]Unfortunately, there is no such availability of this on BlackBerry Handhelds. You may have to do some searching to see if anything is available by a 3rd party vendor.

If you would like to follow up on this issue, please reply to this email using your Service Request number as it appears above. If you would prefer to speak to a BlackBerry sale representative, please contact us Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 6:30 PM Eastern Time at 1-800-327-9085, option #1.

Regards,

Wayne
BlackBerry Sales and Service
1-800-327-9085 Option 1
help@blackberry.com.[/quote]

So I searched the web for any 3rd party Java APIs. And I found the following on the Blackberry Developer Newsletter webpage (http://www.blackberry.com/developers/newsletter/dec2006/index.html)

[quote]BlackBerry JDE v4.2.1 and JDE Component Package v4.2.1 – Coming Soon!
To extend the giving nature of the holiday season, here is a sneak peek at what features to look forward to with the next release of the BlackBerry Java™ Development Environment (JDE):

JSR-82: Full Bluetooth support
Video playback support through JSR-135
Adding a menu to the Media application based on MIME type
BlackBerry Messenger APIs: Allows an application to provide BlackBerry Messenger users with additional 2-way communication services
Application Control API: Third party applications can now prompt users to allow application control permissions
Also available, the BlackBerry Java Development Environment (JDE) Component Package v4.2.1 which includes the required components for developing third party BlackBerry applications using external integrated development environments (IDE). Stay tuned to www.blackberry.com/developers in the new year for this release.[/quote]

Jonas, do you think if this comes out, you could implement Clicker for the Pearl?
cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: IP? Reply with quote

I've managed to log into clicker via my palm device over grps-- all it required was a little port forwarding. It's obviously a little less user friendly a solution, but has controlling clicker over IP in such a manner been considered for the blackberry?
cgrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So once RIM releases JDE 4.2.1 how hard will it be to add Pearl support to clicker?
Teddie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: It looks like the release is out (for some people) Reply with quote

It looks like the release is out (for some people!)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/developer-forum/66315-8800-programming.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: