FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Yahoo! Music Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomgallacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Yahoo! Music Engine Reply with quote

Hello, i was wondering if anyone knows of a script that controls the Yahoo! music engine as it is my main media player. I am trying to start learning but if someone has a script i could use as a staring point. Btw i am loving the handy tool! 8) Also i have found out a remote clicker for it how ever it isnt compatible with my phone mabye this could help any one [url]http://plugins.yme.music.yahoo.com/plugins/download/2005/0025/BTRemote.zip[/url]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should someone want to get started with this one, here's the stuff I think you need to look into:

http://plugins.yme.music.yahoo.com/plugins/docs/interfaceIRMPRemote.html

The "IRMPRemote" interface is apparently the only interface accessible to the "outside world" (such as a Salling Clicker script).

Another (more powerful) method that'd require more work is to write an YME plugin that is also scriptable (or otherwise able to communicate with a Salling Clicker script through window messages).

For what it's worth, I've filed Y!ME-support as a feature request.

Best.
--
Jonas
tomgallacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have Just thought of an idea to get round this it will not show what is playing but will control the program by using hot keys, i have no idea of programing but i will put down the keys here,

Play = Ctrl+Space
Next Song = Ctrl+Right
Previous Song = Ctrl+Left
Stop = Ctrl+S
Mute = Ctrl+F12
Vol Up = Ctrl+Up
Vol Down = Ctrl+Down

If some one could be so kind in making one, i am willing to test it.
tomgallacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking around and decided that i would like to make the script for myself but i dont no hardly any javascript of vbscript, if some one could give me a little nudge in the correct direction i would be very grateful, Btw i am loving the Prgram!!! :P
Sudheer

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if sum1 made this :) coz many r switching to yme now....
jbrotons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Basic Yahoo Music Engine controller Reply with quote

Hi! I have no idea on how to program in Java, but by using one of the examples posted on this blog, I have been able to piece together a VERY basic script that allows you to control your Yahoo Music Engine. Drawbacks: Be sure to have the YME activated as the main screen otherwise the script writes the values in any other application that is open. It would be great if somebody could add the commands necessary to make sure this does not happen

YMEControl.txt
 Description:
Added this file as txt since XML is not accepted. Simply rename it XML to get it to work

Download
 Filename:  YMEControl.txt
 Filesize:  360 Bytes
 Downloaded:  923 Time(s)

YMEControl.js
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  YMEControl.js
 Filesize:  1.89 KB
 Downloaded:  877 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: