FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

W810i & my powerbook - not connecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-navi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: W810i & my powerbook - not connecting Reply with quote

I switched phones today, as my service provider was blocking my ability to download the clicker to my phone. Now I have the W810i, but I can't get it to launch the salling clicker from the phone. When I hit connect from the phone, it briefly sees my computer & then it states "No devices found is your computer discoverable?" - It is & the two are paired. I can swap files from one to the other and vice versa, but I can't seem to get it to launch the salling ap. I even tried to go to the wap site, but the provider blocks it out.

Any thoughts? I feel like I am missing some simple step here, but I have tried this over & over.

Thanks,
p-navi
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: W810i & my powerbook - not connecting Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused by your post.

Can you or can you not launch the Salling application? (you said: "I can't seem to get it to launch the salling ap", but you also indicated that you got it to launch just fine)

Then you said: "When I hit connect from the phone, it briefly sees my computer & then it states "No devices found is your computer discoverable?""

What do you mean by "briefly sees my computer"?

Either way, I think I know the solution:

Shorten your computer's Bluetooth name (System Prefs -> Sharing -> Computer name). There's a bug in these Sony Ericsson phones' Java that prevents devices with long names from being discovered.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="P-navi"]I switched phones today, as my service provider was blocking my ability to download the clicker to my phone. Now I have the W810i, but I can't get it to launch the salling clicker from the phone. When I hit connect from the phone, it briefly sees my computer & then it states "No devices found is your computer discoverable?" - It is & the two are paired. I can swap files from one to the other and vice versa, but I can't seem to get it to launch the salling ap. I even tried to go to the wap site, but the provider blocks it out.

Any thoughts? I feel like I am missing some simple step here, but I have tried this over & over.

Thanks,
p-navi[/quote]
P-navi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: It works! Reply with quote

Thanks! I shortened the name & it worked instantly. I had already packed up the phone to take it back!

p-navi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: