FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Improved Clicker script for Itunes 7 ? (inc. Cover Browser)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Improved Clicker script for Itunes 7 ? (inc. Cover Browser) Reply with quote

Hi all :D

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to work on a script that could take advantage of the awesome new "cover browser" feature in itunes 7.

This feature allows you to browse the covers of all the albums in your music collection, just like one of those digital juke boxes you see in bars sometimes.

It would be too exciting to think about if one were able to control the browsing throught these covers from the comfort of your couch using the awesome Salling Clicker!

I am nowhere near computer savvy enought to write such a script, but if Jonas or some other genius out there could do it that would be amazing!

(PS - I am not suggesting that the cover browser be visible on the phone's display...I know that would be almost impossible to implement. But i know a lot of clicker users have their pc connected to their TV, so the ability to browse through the album covers on the pc and view the images on the TV would be awesome!)
kiboy6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea about this?

Do you think this would even be possible Jonas?

I have no idea about the scripting limitations of different apps :)
kiboy6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think this script would be quite easy to implement....

All you would need is to be able to send keystrokes for left and right arrows and "enter" button.

Then as long as the coverflow view was on screen everything would be taken care of.

If we could add an "open playlist" function, that would make life even easier, as the playlists can open in a new window with coverflow as the default view.

I've never written a script in my life, but if someone could either point me in the right direction, or even write such a script themselves (if you think it would be cool) that would be amazing!
madOn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: possible... Reply with quote

Hey kiboy6,
the Problem of develop such a Tool is, the Itunes Com has no methods for a direct controll of its UI (Userinterface)... Thats why Salling Clicker creates its own Playlist when you select songs... You are not able to set a filter in Itunes via the ActiveX com interface... The way you discribe is possible but i dont really like it because you are not able to get reactions on the phone and you also need to be on the correct sceen in Itunes... I will try to Implement such a thing anyway but not yet! I am still working on a new Userinterface of the normal Itunes remote...
kiboy6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mad0n, that would be great if you eventually implemented this! Even if you couldn't get reactions on the phone, i still think it would be great to be able to browse through your album covers on your tv (for those many salling clicker users whose pc is connected to their tv).

Also[quote]you also need to be on the correct sceen in Itunes[/quote]

That's why i suggested an "open playlist" function. (ie the equivalent of double clicking a playlist in itunes) This opens up the playlist in a new window, and remembers the last view (ie coverflow view) for that playlist.
---> correct window for cover browsing each playlist :D

This solution would work perfectly, especially if, like me, you have smart playlists set up for each genre!

Thanks for all your great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: