FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Which stacks does Salling Clicker support?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Which stacks does Salling Clicker support? Reply with quote

For the time being, Salling Clicker supports either the Microsoft stack in Service Pack 2 and also non-ancient versions of the Widcomm stack.

We do not currently support the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, but are working on this.

If your computer shipped with a Toshiba stack, and you do not need Bluetooth headset functionality, you may find that switching to the Microsoft stack is worthwhile.

Best.
--
Jonas
beandip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Bluetooth woes and Dell Axim x50v Reply with quote

I've got a Dell Axim x50v Pocket PC running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

Processor: Intel PXA270
ROM: A05

It appears that it uses the Broadcom Bluetooth stack... I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct info.

Anyway, the Salling Clicker app just says You can connect using TCP/IP. Bluetooth is either unavailable or disabled.

Loved this product on my Sony Clie a few years ago... looking forward to the same functionality on my PPC.
ofurmerkur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Widcomm was bought by Broadcom.

Just check out www.widcomm.com

So this should work, same software, just different name of vendor.

Have you verifyed that Bluetooth is on on your device?
beandip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ofurmerkur"]If I remember correctly, Widcomm was bought by Broadcom.

Have you verifyed that Bluetooth is on on your device?[/quote]

Ahh... okay I installed the widcomm version of the Clicker for PocketPC and now it recognizes and connects with both bluetooth and wi-fi. Great.

(I installed the software using a bluetooth connection with Missing sync, so I'm reasonably sure that my device has bluetooth. :wink: )

However now it seems I can no longer turn off bluetooth on my ppc. I usually keep it off to preserve battery life. Now when I try to turn bluetooth off, it shuts off and then turns right back on.

As soon as I uninstalled the Clicker for PocketPC, I was able to once again turn bluetooth off.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much I can do about the Bluetooth off thing, I'm afraid. I'd keep it on, if I were you. In idle mode, its power consumption should be very small.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="beandip"][quote="ofurmerkur"]If I remember correctly, Widcomm was bought by Broadcom.

Have you verifyed that Bluetooth is on on your device?[/quote]

Ahh... okay I installed the widcomm version of the Clicker for PocketPC and now it recognizes and connects with both bluetooth and wi-fi. Great.

(I installed the software using a bluetooth connection with Missing sync, so I'm reasonably sure that my device has bluetooth. :wink: )

However now it seems I can no longer turn off bluetooth on my ppc. I usually keep it off to preserve battery life. Now when I try to turn bluetooth off, it shuts off and then turns right back on.

As soon as I uninstalled the Clicker for PocketPC, I was able to once again turn bluetooth off.[/quote]
dgaust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an O2 XDA Mini II (codename magician).

Due to my bluetooth dongle, I have been restricted to installing the IVT Bluesoleil BT stack on my XP SP2 laptop .

I have managed to get Salling Clicker working by taking following a few easy steps.

Installing the IVT Bluesoleil stack on my magician (available from www.bluesoleil.com, I also have the MS bluetooth stack for my GPS installed with a small program to switch) and then connecting through the Personal Area Network service of the IVT stack I get an ip address.

I just connect as if using Wi-Fi and it works quite well.

So I think any phone and stack that supports Personal Area Networking shoud work with the Clicker.
raducoc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Categoricly Bluesoleil. Is so easy to manage your bluetooth devices with Bluesoleil! With Widcomm is a pain (at leastfor me).
onlinejoker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Which stacks does Salling Clicker support? Reply with quote

Hi
You are working more than a year to support the Toshiba Bluetooth stack...

When it's done?

Kind regards

[quote="salling"]For the time being, Salling Clicker supports either the Microsoft stack in Service Pack 2 and also non-ancient versions of the Widcomm stack.

We do not currently support the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, but are working on this.

If your computer shipped with a Toshiba stack, and you do not need Bluetooth headset functionality, you may find that switching to the Microsoft stack is worthwhile.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
maxheadroom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know what stack you have? what is a blue tooth stack anyway???
My problem is I sometimes connect and sometimes don't. My blue tooth dongle is from microsoft came with the mouse and I have the motorola slvr l7 cell phone which I purchaced already unlocked and put my cingular simcard in. I downloaded the phone application to the phone by visiting the website. Like i said sometimes it connects then it doesn't. I've paired repaired the phone to the computer several times. My pc is running xp professional sp2. I do not know what is wrong.
the phone tells me salling clicker is not running on my pc when I see it in the bar bellow. Also do I have to setup the device each time I want to use it. seems the software does not remember I selected motorola slvr????
but when it does connect it works great, but if it is not consistant what is the point???
some info would be appreciated
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have successfully connected, it's obvious you have a compatible Bluetooth stack. If you want to know which it is, go here: Salling Clicker -> About -> Support Information.

Why do you think you need to set the device up every time you want to use it? Just launch the client on your phone and connect.

Also, I suspect you're on the MS Bluetooth stack; please be careful about unplugging and plugging back the USB adapter too quickly; I've seen the Windows Device Manager tank when this is done.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="maxheadroom"]how do you know what stack you have? what is a blue tooth stack anyway???
My problem is I sometimes connect and sometimes don't. My blue tooth dongle is from microsoft came with the mouse and I have the motorola slvr l7 cell phone which I purchaced already unlocked and put my cingular simcard in. I downloaded the phone application to the phone by visiting the website. Like i said sometimes it connects then it doesn't. I've paired repaired the phone to the computer several times. My pc is running xp professional sp2. I do not know what is wrong.
the phone tells me salling clicker is not running on my pc when I see it in the bar bellow. Also do I have to setup the device each time I want to use it. seems the software does not remember I selected motorola slvr????
but when it does connect it works great, but if it is not consistant what is the point???
some info would be appreciated[/quote]
maxheadroom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my support information says
Microsoft bluetooth Device Present.
up above it says "not connected you can connect from a device using bluetooth"

I connected the dongle slowly rebooted the pc still the salling clicker connects when it wants to not when I need it. The phone and pc have been paired before and I have not touched that setting. The error message I get on the phone when I launch salling clicker is "Salling Clicker does not appear to be launched on the computer" But it is launched in fact it gets launched immediately as the blue tooth dongle is plugged in. So my question to you is what can I do to fix this problem? What is the Tank you are talking about that I need to watch for in the device manager to ensure everything is working??? Or do you know of a particular Bluetooth Dongle/Stack which I can buy (model# please) that is guaranteed to work consistantly with my Windows XP Professional, Motorola SLVR L7 and your software????

Thanks.

[quote="salling"]As you have successfully connected, it's obvious you have a compatible Bluetooth stack. If you want to know which it is, go here: Salling Clicker -> About -> Support Information.

Why do you think you need to set the device up every time you want to use it? Just launch the client on your phone and connect.

Also, I suspect you're on the MS Bluetooth stack; please be careful about unplugging and plugging back the USB adapter too quickly; I've seen the Windows Device Manager tank when this is done.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="maxheadroom"]how do you know what stack you have? what is a blue tooth stack anyway???
some info would be appreciated[/quote][/quote]
maxheadroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.

could this be a com port problem. under the bluetooth com ports I have com 11 incomming installed. should it be something else???? or is the software flexible to use any available com port. I ran into this problem when I was using software that only worked on com 1 and i did not have that in the USB option until i found a way to set one usb port to use com 1 with a usb to serial port adaptor.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not: we do not use COM ports at all, so this is not the problem.

The software will not start automatically when the adapter is plugged in, however. Not sure where you got this idea.

Next time you get this error message, could you please try quitting Salling Clicker and restarting it? (on the PC)

Best.
--
Jonas
maxheadroom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Jonas, I think I figured it out.

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In order for me connect consistantly I need to power down the bluetooth on my phone and then immediately power it up then launch salling clicker application on my phone.

Apparently there is a bug in the phone application in that once it is run the first time then disconnected then reconnected it does not connect to the computer, the blue tooth on the phone needs to be reset when one exits the application on he phone. Perhaps you can look into this and correct it in the next release.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another poster/post reporting the same problem with the L6 as you're seeing. I have ordered an L6 to try and get to the bottom of this (my L7 works fine).

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: