FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

w810i and MobileSync

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benjamind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: w810i and MobileSync Reply with quote

Should the w810i and MobileSync be compatible? The w810i isn't listed on the list of compatible devices. Unfortunately I haven't been able to sync it with anything, iSync, MobileSync, etc.

What's the best solution? I need calendar, contacts from Entourage.
benjamind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Pairing Reply with quote

I tried pairing/unpairing from originating from phone, then from computer. I get the error message "Failed to init sync session. Please try again." every time. Again, w810i is not a supported phone, but it seems like others are syncing just fine?

I'm seeing this error message in the console log:

2007-01-27 08:49:52.161 MobileSync[5536] openTransportConnection failed! (err = -536870201)
2007-01-27 08:49:52.162 MobileSync[5536] -[JSTransport open:target:] failed

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

p.s. - trying to decide whether to return this phone.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.salling.com/Downloads/MobileSync480.dmg
benjamind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

That works like a charm, so far. I'll keep trying out for a couple more days. If I buy a license for version (102?) will that work with this version?

[quote="salling"]http://www.salling.com/Downloads/MobileSync480.dmg[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Yep. It does.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="benjamind"]That works like a charm, so far. I'll keep trying out for a couple more days. If I buy a license for version (102?) will that work with this version?

[quote="salling"]http://www.salling.com/Downloads/MobileSync480.dmg[/quote][/quote]
benjamind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

I was able to sync perfectly once. Now when I sync, it says "Gathering calendar changes from w810i..." the phone says "synchronizing..." but then nothing seems to happen, and the computer slows down, eventually locking up completely.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
benjamind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...I tried the trick you mentioned in another post about clearing the log and that seemed to solve things for now.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep me posted on how this works. If you encounter the problem again, please check Activity Monitor for what process is sucking up resources.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="benjamind"]FYI...I tried the trick you mentioned in another post about clearing the log and that seemed to solve things for now.[/quote]
Barefoot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm delighted to have discovered this software as I was beginning to lose hope that I'd get my SE w810i to sync with Entourage.

I've downloaded Mobilesync to my MacOSX v 10.4.8 and performed the first sync with the phone. However I have a problem which is that only one appointment per day has been added to Entourage. The missing appointments are not recurring events. Any idea why this would be?

Another challenge is that at the moment I'm also using iCal with isync with my mobile phone. I have to do this until I'm sure that I can sync risk free with Entourage. I know it would be best only to use the one calendar but I'm worried about data loss while I switch to MobileSync.

Thanks for your time!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: