FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Weird issue with Clicker on Nokia 2568i (metroPCS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtopher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Weird issue with Clicker on Nokia 2568i (metroPCS) Reply with quote

Maybe someone can help me here. I just got a Nokia 2865i through MetroPCS, and I was able to install Clicker through Bluetooth (BT is not crippled on this phone at all). It sees my computer, but when I tell it to connect , it says Clicker is not running on my Mac (which I know it it; it always is). Any idea what's going on here? Obviously it has access to Bluetooth, or it wouldn't see my computer. The phone is a Series 40 3rd Edition phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your phone model is not (and cannot be) supported. It doesn't run Java applications.

Sorry, man.

Best.
--
Jonas
xtopher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Your phone model is not (and cannot be) supported. It doesn't run Java applications.

Sorry, man.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Actually, I just got it working. The phone itself does support Java, as well as BREW. I reinstalled Clicker on the Mac and the phone and it works like a beauty now. ^_^
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Now I have to eat my own words indeed. ;-)

Glad to hear you got it to work. Well done!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="xtopher"][quote="salling"]Your phone model is not (and cannot be) supported. It doesn't run Java applications.

Sorry, man.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Actually, I just got it working. The phone itself does support Java, as well as BREW. I reinstalled Clicker on the Mac and the phone and it works like a beauty now. ^_^[/quote]
xtopher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Wow! Now I have to eat my own words indeed. ;-)

Glad to hear you got it to work. Well done!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="xtopher"][quote="salling"]Your phone model is not (and cannot be) supported. It doesn't run Java applications.

Sorry, man.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Actually, I just got it working. The phone itself does support Java, as well as BREW. I reinstalled Clicker on the Mac and the phone and it works like a beauty now. ^_^[/quote][/quote]

LOL In case you run into this issue again, I had to reinstall it on my Mac first, then transfer the JAR file through Bluetooth. I felt kinda stupid when I realized how simple the fix was. Not sure what was causing the problem though. Oh well, it works now! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: