FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[PoC] System Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: [PoC] System Monitor Reply with quote

This is a proof-of-concept script to provide remote monitoring of temperature information on your PC. It is not intended as a final script, just as an example of what could be done.

It uses [url=http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php]SpeedFan[/url] to monitor system sensors and then displays up-to-date information on your mobile phone (currently in a rather uninteresting way). It currently only works for temperature sensors.

If you wish to try out this PoC yourself, you must:-
- Install SpeedFan
- Switch on logging (Configure / Log / Enabled). Also ensure "Add header to file" is checked.
- Enable logging of the temperature sensors you wish to monitor (Under the Temperatures tab, click on the sensor and check the "Logged" option).

Let me know what you think.

System Monitor.zip
 Description:
v0.0.1: Proof of Concept of System Monitor

Download
 Filename:  System Monitor.zip
 Filesize:  1.63 KB
 Downloaded:  1159 Time(s)

feuerfuchs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, works fine here.

mind if i try to adapt your script to give me some media center info for the empty KeyPad? (i'm also using your mediamonkey menu btw) i've been playing around with the mce sdk and i was using the dll that writes media states to a txt file (don't like the media player in the background solution for mce)
simbo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, go for it. I'm also running Media Center so I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: