FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

installing hacked iTunes on motorola slvr l7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vishalrana222

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: installing hacked iTunes on motorola slvr l7 Reply with quote

Hi,

I got Motorola SLVR L7(locked) from Cingular with iTunes. iTunes has only 100 songs limit and I heard that there is a way to install hacked iTunes(1000 songs limit). I tried to install that hacked iTunes but I got the message--"Corrupt iTunes-Delete iTunes?" I asked questions in couple of forums and got the answer that having r4517.25r s/w version, I won't be able to have hacked iTunes. hacked iTunes works only if RSA is removed.

Now when I go to menu-security-certimgmt- I got this bunch of security certificates.

P)BEGlobalSi
(P)Class 3 Pu
(P)CyberTrust
(P)Entrust.ne
(P)Entrust.ne
(P)Interopera ( This one is expired)
[u][b](P)RSA Securi [/b][/u]
(P)US Cingular
(P)US Cingular (has lock sign)
(P)USEntrust.
(P)USEquifaxE
(P)USGTE Corp
(P)USGeoTrust
(P)USIllinois (has a lock sign)
(P)USMotorola
[u][b](P)USRSA Data [/b][/u]
(P)USUnified
(P)USVeriSign
(P)USVerisign
(P)USVerisign
(P)ValiCert U
(P)ZAWestern
(P)ZAWestern

Two of them is RSA security. WHen I disable them I got the message- "Some application may not function properly.

So can I install hacked iTunes after disabling RSA security or Disabling RSA security will brick my phone?? :roll:

Waiting for your answer........ :!:

-Vishal Rana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tfranci

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: r4517.25r s/w iTunes hack Reply with quote

Vishal,

I disabled both RSAs certificates and managed to finally install iTunes in my phone (L7, BL: 0A.52, SW: R4517_G_08.C425R) without it identifying it as a corrupt file. However when I tried to modify my seem to have a Menu + 5 shortcut it did not load the hacked iTunes and I could not find a way to have it launch. I also tried backflashing to R4517_G_08.C4.1ER but after flashing the phone stays in boot mode, and does not load the rest of the flash.

Kindly post the solution if you find a way to launch the hacked iTunes after disabling the certificates.

Thanks.
vishalrana222

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried but didn't work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: