FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dummy Message
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: SEC beta: action installer suggestion Reply with quote

DAMMIT - my bad! - I was talking hypothetically anyway.

Sometime 'round 04/01/2003 12:36 PM, so and so (John Laxson) at such n such
(jlaxson@m...) graced my inbox with this brilliant thought:

> No! Do not Discuss the beta on the main list. Please email jonas your
> bug reports.
>
> To everyone else: you may safely forget ever reading this.
>
> On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 12:05 PM, garrett wrote:
>
>> In the actions available for download window... how about adding a
>> checkbox
>> object, along with a Select All, Select None buttons at the bottom so
>> we
>> can check off the ones we want to DL.
>>
>> -------
>> garrett
>


-------
garrett


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Address Book and Bluetooth Reply with quote

This was really cool. I didn't know about it either. I did a quick
search on Google and found this:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2002/11/27/
sms.html?page=last&x-showcontent=text
It is a good explanation.

Rgds,
Trond


På torsdag, 3. april 2003, kl. 11:21, skrev
ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com:

> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -
>
> There are 4 messages in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Re: More infos from the phone?
> From: Ian Robinson
> 2. Re: More infos from the phone?
> From: Lee Armstrong
> 3. This is what we need for the P800
> From: "grundhunden"
> 4. Re: This is what we need for the P800
> From: "brosej007"
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________
> _
> _______________________________________________________________________
> _
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:05:43 +0100
> From: Ian Robinson
> Subject: Re: More infos from the phone?
>
> On 2/4/03 8:50 am, "marc.wagener@n..."
>
> wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't know that. Can you tell me how it works, please?
>
> If you run Address Book with Bluetooth turned on you should get a
> Bluetooth
> button in the Address Book window. You may have to pair the phone with
> the
> Macintosh for this to happen.
>
> Click on the button with the Bluetooth symbol and it should, if setup
> correctly, turn blue to indicate a connection.
>
> Now if you receive call you will get a dialog on the screen indicating
> a
> call. If the caller is in your address book it will tell you who is
> calling.
> If not it will say unknown.
>
> Similarly if you receive a SMS it will be shown on screen. You can
> reply or
> save the SMA as a note to the senders address book entry.
>
> It's quite good.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Robinson - Belfast - UK
>
>
>


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Address Book and Bluetooth Reply with quote

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Trond Kristiansen wrote:

> > If you run Address Book with Bluetooth turned on you should get a
> > Bluetooth
> > button in the Address Book window. You may have to pair the phone with
> > the
> > Macintosh for this to happen.


Now that Address Book and SEC Clicker finally play nice with each other, is it possible to run an Address Book script that uses the proximity sensor to detect whether or not you are in the room and toggle the Bluetooth button on and off? My pet peeve with Address Book is that it never reestablishes communication if you're out of range.


Back to top
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Address Book and Bluetooth Reply with quote

I'm sure something like that is possible with the gui scripting. I'll
look into it.

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 10:52 PM, vricasas wrote:

> --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Trond Kristiansen
> wrote:
>
>>> If you run Address Book with Bluetooth turned on you should get a
>>> Bluetooth
>>> button in the Address Book window. You may have to pair the phone
>>> with
>>> the
>>> Macintosh for this to happen.
>
>
> Now that Address Book and SEC Clicker finally play nice with each
> other, is it possible to run an Address Book script that uses the
> proximity sensor to detect whether or not you are in the room and
> toggle the Bluetooth button on and off? My pet peeve with Address Book
> is that it never reestablishes communication if you're out of range.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Proximity sensor Reply with quote

Are you sure that you've set the stop action to "When I Leave my Mac"
and the play action to "Return"?

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 06:39 AM, highwayrobber76 wrote:

> Can you tlel me how to set the proximity sensor on my T68i working
> with iTunes. Everything else works in itunes (volume/play/pause etc),
> except the proximity sensor. When I leave the room, iTunes continues
> to play, when I want it to stop. Please tell me what to do.
>
> Thansk,
>
> Darren
>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Logout Script Reply with quote

The script requested was one to logout.

tell application "Finder" to activate
tell application "System Events"
tell process "Finder"
click menu item "Log Out=85" of menu 1 of menu bar 1
end tell
end tell

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 09:33 PM, steveranieri wrote:

> Yes I would like that script. Thanks...I will try it out when I get=20
> the phone.You can e-mail it to me if thats ok.
>
> Steve
>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Logout Script Reply with quote

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, John Laxson wrote:
> The script requested was one to logout.
>
> tell application "Finder" to activate
> tell application "System Events"
> tell process "Finder"
> click menu item "Log Out?" of menu 1 of menu bar 1
> end tell
> end tell
>
Thanks...Much Appreciated!!!!


Back to top
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Re: iTunes Controller track info Reply with quote

Hi..

On tirsdag, apr 8, 2003, at 05:18 Europe/Copenhagen, epicurus1010 wrote:

> How do you configure the hotkeys? In your controller app under=20
> preferences, I do not see a hotkeys option.=A0 Will this allow us to=20
> customize the 1-6 keys on the phone??...as of right now, my 1-6 keys=20
> do not do anything.

If you open Preferences in version 1.3, there is a Hotkeys item (4).=20
Entering that, gives you a menu of 6 items, each representing keys 1 to=20
6. Default is 1: Menu, and 2-6: Not Set.

Selecting an item, gives you a menu with items to assign to the key.=20
(24 to be exact)

Hope it helps... :-)

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

K=E6rlighed?
Det er noget man giver...


Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Logout Script Reply with quote

If that doesn't work, make sure the last character of the "Log Out"=20
part is =85 (Option-semicolon). It didn't seem to make it through the=20
email.

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 08:24 PM, steveranieri wrote:

> --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, John Laxson =20
> wrote:
>> The script requested was one to logout.
>>
>> tell application "Finder" to activate
>> tell application "System Events"
>> tell process "Finder"
>> click menu item "Log Out?" of menu 1 of menu bar 1
>> end tell
>> end tell
>>
> Thanks...Much Appreciated!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Address Book Reply with quote


On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 04:46 AM, ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
wrote:
>
>
>> I was wondering if anyone made a script so address book reconnects
>> when i come back in to my room, i saw a post about it earlier but
>> nothin more.
>
> It can't be done, unless you have the Address Book placed in the same
> place all the time. There's no way to click the BT button via GUI
> scripting other than simply clicking the coordinates it's placed in,
> since it does not show in the GUI Inspector.
>

Hmmm. So tantalizingly close, yet so far. I'm a heavy SMS user, and
having Address Book reconnect with the proximity sensor is the one
feature of SEC that I've been longing for since day one.

Assuming I did have Address Book located in the same place all the time
(say, aligned with the upper left corner of the screen), how would I
determine the coordinates of the Bluetooth button so that I could use
it when issuing a click command via AppleScript?

Vic
Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Address Book Reply with quote

A suggestion for a possible solution: reposition the AB window prior to
simulating a mouse click on the button... ;-)

- jonas

On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 16:08 Europe/Stockholm, Vic Icasas wrote:

>
> On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 04:46 AM, ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone made a script so address book reconnects
>>> when i come back in to my room, i saw a post about it earlier but
>>> nothin more.
>>
>> It can't be done, unless you have the Address Book placed in the same
>> place all the time. There's no way to click the BT button via GUI
>> scripting other than simply clicking the coordinates it's placed in,
>> since it does not show in the GUI Inspector.
>>
>
> Hmmm. So tantalizingly close, yet so far. I'm a heavy SMS user, and
> having Address Book reconnect with the proximity sensor is the one
> feature of SEC that I've been longing for since day one.
>
> Assuming I did have Address Book located in the same place all the
> time (say, aligned with the upper left corner of the screen), how
> would I determine the coordinates of the Bluetooth button so that I
> could use it when issuing a click command via AppleScript?
>
> Vic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Address Book Reply with quote

Yep, but the SEC api for mouse movements is all relative. No way to
position the mouse at a specific spot. (hint hint?)

I feel so negative recently. Someone give me something to say "Yep, I
can do that!" to.

John
=)

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 09:10 AM, Jonas Salling wrote:

> A suggestion for a possible solution: reposition the AB window prior
> to simulating a mouse click on the button... ;-)
>
> - jonas
>
> On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 16:08 Europe/Stockholm, Vic Icasas wrote:
>
>>
>> On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 04:46 AM, ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> I was wondering if anyone made a script so address book reconnects
>>>> when i come back in to my room, i saw a post about it earlier but
>>>> nothin more.
>>>
>>> It can't be done, unless you have the Address Book placed in the same
>>> place all the time. There's no way to click the BT button via GUI
>>> scripting other than simply clicking the coordinates it's placed in,
>>> since it does not show in the GUI Inspector.
>>>
>>
>> Hmmm. So tantalizingly close, yet so far. I'm a heavy SMS user, and
>> having Address Book reconnect with the proximity sensor is the one
>> feature of SEC that I've been longing for since day one.
>>
>> Assuming I did have Address Book located in the same place all the
>> time (say, aligned with the upper left corner of the screen), how
>> would I determine the coordinates of the Bluetooth button so that I
>> could use it when issuing a click command via AppleScript?
>>
>> Vic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Address Book Reply with quote

Just use the right tools for the job, and it should feel better. ;-)
That is to say: I think GUI Scripting will do it. SEC mouse movements
were not intended to be used in this way at all.

- jonas

On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 17:36 Europe/Stockholm, John Laxson wrote:

> Yep, but the SEC api for mouse movements is all relative. No way to
> position the mouse at a specific spot. (hint hint?)
>
> I feel so negative recently. Someone give me something to say "Yep, I
> can do that!" to.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Menu bar app non-moveable? Reply with quote

SEC uses the method officially supported by Apple: NSStatusItem. The
movable items are Apple's own, or "hacks" people have employed.
NSStatusItems cannot be moved.

- jonas

On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 19:38 Europe/Stockholm, epicurus1010 wrote:

> Menu bar app non-moveable?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Address Book Reply with quote

Just tried GUI scripting, doesn't look like it. Looks to be the same
problem as clicking the button by reference. It just doesn't happen.
I can click the close, minimize, maximize buttons, but neither of the
"Display" mode buttons nor the bluetooth button will click. Here's the
script:

-- Click at +5 for each value
-- Close at 8, 5
-- Minimize at 29, 5
-- Maximize at 50, 5

property offsetLocX : 24
property offsetLocY : 10

tell application "Address Book" to activate
tell application "System Events"
tell process "Address Book"
get properties of window "Address Book"
get properties of every UI element of window "Address Book"
set winLocation to the position of window "Address Book"
set totalX to ((item 1 of winLocation) as number) + offsetLocX
set totalY to ((item 2 of winLocation) as number) + offsetLocY
click at {totalX, totalY}
end tell
end tell

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 10:39 AM, Jonas Salling wrote:

> Just use the right tools for the job, and it should feel better. ;-)
> That is to say: I think GUI Scripting will do it. SEC mouse movements
> were not intended to be used in this way at all.
>
> - jonas
>
> On tisdag, apr 8, 2003, at 17:36 Europe/Stockholm, John Laxson wrote:
>
>> Yep, but the SEC api for mouse movements is all relative. No way to
>> position the mouse at a specific spot. (hint hint?)
>>
>> I feel so negative recently. Someone give me something to say "Yep, I
>> can do that!" to.
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 10 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group