FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia 6275i & a new user = nothing works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-navi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Nokia 6275i & a new user = nothing works Reply with quote

Hi,

I waited patiently for the Nokia 6275i to be available where I live, as it is one of the few phones I have access to that is supported by the salling clicker. Anyway, I have tried using my wap browser & I get "invalid application' once the download is complete. When I download the file to my desktop & then transfer the file using bluetooth, my phone says "application not supported." I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but the phone is usless to me if I can't get the salling clicker on it; mainly because I need the remote functions. I have never used this application before, so I am assuming there is a good chance I am doing something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
P-Navi
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this phone branded by a carrier/operator?

Best.
--
Jonas
P-navi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: branded by bell Reply with quote

Yes, the phone is branded by Bell - a Canadian company.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: branded by bell Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it'd appear then that Bell has disabled Java functionality in the phone. As you can see on this Nokia page, it should support Java and JSR-82 (both of which are required by Salling Clicker):

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6275i

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="P-navi"]Yes, the phone is branded by Bell - a Canadian company.[/quote]
P-navi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Still can't make it work Reply with quote

Well, I called Bell & they claim that none of the phone's Java has been disabled in anyway. So i deleted the software off the phone, shut it down, and tried it all again - to no avail. It still won't work through BT transfer or by using my WAP to go to your site. This is very discouraging. I only have a few days left before I have to take the phone back or it is mine to keep. If anyone out there who lives in Canada can offer me some advice, please do.

Thanks,
p-navi :cry:
huskerdu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6275i Reply with quote

I have the same phone and after much research i have discovered the features on the phone have been disabled by your service provider. I haven't tried the browser but voice recording and mp3's cannot be set as a ringtone...Which is Stupid! I purchased this phone on features such as stated above and because my service provider wants more money for ringtones I can't use these features . There has to be some consumer right overlocked here!!! If I own the phone I and paid for the technology I should have the same features every consumer has...It's like buying a new PC with a CD burner and only being able to burn files I have paid to download from my IP. I have lodged a complaint to the Ministry of Government Services: Consumer Protection. I have spoken with Nokia and they have confirmed this to be correct.

Virgin Mobile is my provider - and they stated it was because of copywrite laws. I replied since when does a voice recording of my 3 year old son violate copywrite laws!!!! If copywrite laws are there answer why would I be able to play Mp3's downloaded from my PC!!! This is monopoly!!!!

url = http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/consumer_info.htm
Doopsylalolic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huskerdu:

I have been trying to find out some information on the 6275i from www.virginmobile.ca for weeks. Sadly, their service people tell me something different each time.

I would like to know:

[b]1. How do you get mp3s onto the phone? Is there a fee for doing this?

2. How do you get photos from the phone onto your computer? Again, is there a fee? I am on an Intel iMac. [/b]

I really really want to like this phone it looks beautiful. But I need to know these things first.

Muchas gracias!
wdgoose

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I work for Virgin Mobile as a Regional Manager. I can help with the Nokia 6275i and give you tips on how to get around certain "locks".

The NOKIA does play mp3 type files but it uses different encodings such as AAC. In order for your camera to recognize them you need to do some things first. You have to trick the phone. encode the mp3 to the proper format and move them into the porper file (mystuff then subfolders). You can google the poper formats for ring tones. Download a good freeware music converter from www.download.com

This works the same for video files. I have uploaded all of my personal videos/shows/movies to the media player. But i had to encode them to mobile phone mpeg4.

Doopsylalolic

You can put Mp3 on your phone but it is the same as any mp3 player you have to use usb cord or a micro sd card. You can get a 512mb sd card at future shop for $14 while supplies last. Both devices will enable you to transfer mp3 directly to your phone. If you recode them you can even use them as ring tones.

As for photos Virgin mobile lets you creat a free account where it costs 50 cents to upload a photo and its free to do whatever you want with from there. But again if you get the USB cable (specific to nokia adaptors) or a micro sd card you can do this as many times as you want at no additional cost.

As for the applications I am sorry I am not sure how to get them to work althought i am looking into getting applications to run for myself when i figure it out I will let you know.

visit www.virginmobile.ca and check out V-Studio. create youroown ringtones and wallpapers for free, sell them and get credit to your phone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: