FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Redifining a key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmignot

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Redifining a key Reply with quote

Hello,

I have just started using Salling Clicker today to control a PowerPoint presentation from my Nokia 5200. Everything worked fine but I had trouble with the "ok" key which I pressed several times by mistake, switching the screen to black!
How can I edit the PowerPoint script so as to redefine this key as "next slide" (I normally do not need the "switch to black" function at all when I give a lecture).

I suppose that the solution must be quite simple but, since I have no experience of programming in AppleScript, I am afraid of editing the script and breaking something in it.

Thanks for helping!

Jean-Michel
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The d-pad center actually has several functions:
1. Start a show (if no show is active)
2. Toggle black/white (if show is active)
3. Show notes (if held down)

Here's what I suggest, for the purposes of only changing #2 above

1. Open the "PowerPoint Remote" script. Select All and Copy. Then close this Script Editor window
2. In Salling Clicker's preference pane, ctrl-click the PowerPoint item in the Scripts box. Select New Script from the popup menu. Pick Mediaplayer Widget from the type popup. Click Ok and give your script a name (such as "My PowerPoint").
3. Ctrl-click your script item and select Edit in Script Editor. Select All and delete. Then paste (this will paste the default code into your own script)
4. Find the following passage in the script
[code:1]
else if keyCode is in modeKeys then
if my has_active_presentation() then
-- Toggle black if there's an ongoing presentation
my toggle_black()
[/code:1]
Change to:
[code:1]
else if keyCode is in modeKeys then
if my has_active_presentation() then
-- Toggle black if there's an ongoing presentation
my go_next_slide()
[/code:1]
5. Save and close
6. In Salling Clicker's preference pane, drag your script item from the Scripts box into the Clicker Items list.
7. Click Apply Now

Done.

This description was longer than it could have been, but this way you'll retain the original script and you can mess around with your copy should you want to make other modifications later.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: