FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

WinClicker.exe using all CPU!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: WinClicker.exe using all CPU! Reply with quote

As the title says i have a problem after upgrading to the 3.5 version.

So far this has happend twice. And it is occuring we speak.
It seems WinClicker.exe has gotten stuck in an endless loop. I have supressed the process to a lower priority level at the moment and that's why i am able to post this.
I am not able to kill the process, not in Windows Activity Manager, nor in the command prompt.
Windows isn't even able to kill it with the forced kill command "killtask /F /IM WinClicker.exe" in the command prompt. I get the confirmation that the process has been killed, but it's still running and eating up my CPU =)

As i said, this is the second time this issue occurs and it seems that it's after the computer has been idle for a few hours with the phone connected.

My impression is as i said earlier that WinClicker got stuck in a malicious loop. But i still think it would be possible to terminate the task if it's "just" a loop.

I know you might want more information to trace the bug Jonas but this post is a mere attempt to see if anyone else experiences the same problem.
----
Edit:
Now it's time to reboot. :roll:

----
Edit 2
Gonna see if a clean install helps
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard of this problem with 3.5 (yet). If you could please provide a more spot-on description of when it happens, that'd be very helpful.

Best.
--
Jonas
ncg

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Not heard of this problem with 3.5 (yet). If you could please provide a more spot-on description of when it happens, that'd be very helpful.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Actually it happens as soon as winclicker.exe starts up now :/

The reinstall didn't help, but on the other hand i didn't make an boot before installing the application again. I'll look into it more tomorrow when i have more time.
I'll attach a hijackthis log if there are any conflicts between the running applications as well as the bluetooth stack information too.

Regards
/n
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to peruse the Salling Clicker log file here:

%APPDATA%\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Log.txt

Best.
--
Jonas
caterpilar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Same thing here: winclicker eats 100 % CPU Reply with quote

I experience the same issue as above. I cannot terminate the process either. I get this state directly after installing the 3.5. Tried uninstall-reboot-install with same result. Moving back to 3.0 for now.

I cannot see a log-file where you point, Jonas.

(3.0 works fine however, thanx for a great application!)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Same thing here: winclicker eats 100 % CPU Reply with quote

caterpilar:

Can you not see the log file, or are you unable to find the directory the log file is in?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="caterpilar"]I experience the same issue as above. I cannot terminate the process either. I get this state directly after installing the 3.5. Tried uninstall-reboot-install with same result. Moving back to 3.0 for now.

I cannot see a log-file where you point, Jonas.

(3.0 works fine however, thanx for a great application!)[/quote]
caterpilar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: No Log File Reply with quote

I can find the directory you mentioned: %APPDATA%\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\ but in there I canīt find no log file. (Log.txt). There are files like ClickerItems.dat, PhoneEvents.dat and TeminalModelsVersion.plst and a directory "Script settings" there, but no Log.txt.
kempy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas

I am having the same problem with Clicker 3.5

Clicker is set to launch when windows starts up and as soon as it launches, it puts CPU use up to 100% and slows my whole PC down.

I am on Dell Inspiron 630m, with the Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth module, running the latest (V4) Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

In the about page of Clicker I have

Support Information

Toshiba Bluetooth: Device Present
Execution Mode: Elevated
Bonjour: Enabled

The software works fine and I can control winamp with it using my phone (k800i). The only problem seems to be the CPU usage

I have also looked in the suggested directory but there is no log.txt

I hope you can help as I love your software, Kempy
caterpilar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: possible causes? Reply with quote

After uninstalling

- sunbelt kerio personal firewall
- peerguardian 2

I no longer get these behaviour. Might be something to try if you have these apps installed and get 100 % CPU usage. Uninstalled both at the same time for other reasons, so I canīt say which one.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: possible causes? Reply with quote

This is an interesting find. Looking forward to hearing from others having this problem, whether they also have these applications installed.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="caterpilar"]After uninstalling

- sunbelt kerio personal firewall
- peerguardian 2

I no longer get these behaviour. Might be something to try if you have these apps installed and get 100 % CPU usage. Uninstalled both at the same time for other reasons, so I canīt say which one.[/quote]
chilman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

I enjoy using Clicker very much, but I do suffer from the same problem as described above and I am not using above mentioned firewall.

Note: People who have dual core or HT processor (like me), probably don't notice this problem as much because WinClicker clogging only one CPU, so overall CPU usage stays around 50%

Please find attached, few images, which I captured using process explorer, hopefully they would give you some hints about this problem.

Pavel.

PS. Where could get version 3.0 (which hopefully does not have this bug)?

winclicker_threads.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.13 KB
 Viewed:  22388 Time(s)

winclicker_threads.JPG

winclicker_image.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.65 KB

winclicker_image.JPG

winclicker_performance.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.67 KB

winclicker_performance.JPG

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ chilman :

Thanks for the shots. Nothing in them looks terribly different from what I'm seeing on my machine (except I get no CPU usage to speak of).

You can find the 3.0.1 version of the software here:

http://www.salling.com/Downloads/old_versions/SallingClickerSetup_3_0_1.exe
(make sure to uninstall 3.5 prior to running this installer)

If you want to offer further help (would be much appreciated), please set the following registry key in Salling Clicker's settings (I trust you'll find this part of the registry; let me know if not): "LogLevel" to DWORD value 4 and relaunch the application.

Logging is written to %APPDATA%\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Log.txt

Please zip the file (if huge) and email to me using the button below.

Best.
--
Jonas
jrog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Not heard of this problem with 3.5 (yet). If you could please provide a more spot-on description of when it happens, that'd be very helpful.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I'm having problems related to WinClicker using all CPU for a period of 15 to 20 seconds after changing track sometimes. Could these postings may be related to the problem described in this posting? I've submitted a description of the problem in these threads:

[url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22696#22696[/url]
[url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22717#22717[/url]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is related. The guys above are reporting CPU usage that happens spontaneously, without user input.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jrog"][quote="salling"]Not heard of this problem with 3.5 (yet). If you could please provide a more spot-on description of when it happens, that'd be very helpful.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I'm having problems related to WinClicker using all CPU for a period of 15 to 20 seconds after changing track sometimes. Could these postings may be related to the problem described in this posting? I've submitted a description of the problem in these threads:

[url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22696#22696[/url]
[url]http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22717#22717[/url][/quote]
chilman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, I just figured out what was causing high CPU usage in Salling Clicker.

As suggested above I set "LogLevel" to 4 before starting Salling Clicker. While looking in the log.txt, I noticed that the following message appeared just before Salling Clicker started using a lot of CPU.

INFO [Sun Oct 14 22:24:23 2007]
Checking for newer version

So, I disabled "Automatically check for updates" option and now when I am starting Salling Clicker high CPU usage no longer occurs! :D

Pavel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: