FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Sony Ericsson W300i: java.lang.securityexception error
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Sony Ericsson W300i: java.lang.securityexception error Reply with quote

well looks like windows is getting this error too. i have the latest firmware on my phone and the latest clicker software on my pc and phone. any suggestions?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Ericsson W300i: java.lang.securityexception error Reply with quote

Is your phone carrier-branded? How did you install the software on your phone?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]well looks like windows is getting this error too. i have the latest firmware on my phone and the latest clicker software on my pc and phone. any suggestions?[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: how i did it Reply with quote

well i used my USB Targus Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR to send the program to my phone and it received it without any problems. my phone is on the Cingular Network (the one with all the orange)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: how i did it Reply with quote

Okay. You're going to want to install the software over the air instead. Cingular has made modifications to the phone requiring this installation procedure. If you do it this way, it'll work fine.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]well i used my USB Targus Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR to send the program to my phone and it received it without any problems. my phone is on the Cingular Network (the one with all the orange)[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

how do i do that?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: ??? Reply with quote

Sorry (forgot to include the instructions). Point your phone's browser to this address:

http://wap.salling.com

Then follow the instructions.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]how do i do that?[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: still dosent work Reply with quote

well i downloaded it from that site through my phone but i still get the same error
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: still dosent work Reply with quote

Hm. Could you please check the "security domain" of the Salling Clicker application on your phone? Salling Clicker -> More -> Information/Details (or something similar). You're going to want it to be "trusted 3rd-party"

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]well i downloaded it from that site through my phone but i still get the same error[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says the domain is untrusted. how can i change it?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, if you install from wap.salling.com, you'd get a version of Salling Clicker that is signed with a trusted certificate (Thawte, in the case of the W300i). And the phone will treat the app as coming from a trusted 3rd-party, and will grant the app access to Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, the way Cingular has set the phone up is such that you cannot run Java applications that use Bluetooth unless they're at least trusted 3rd-party (and I think they're moving toward a situation in which "normal" certificates, such as Thawte's, won't be enough but I don't think they've done this with the Sony Ericsson phones yet).

So I have to ask (sorry): did you really install by pointing your phone's browser at wap.salling.com? And did you select to replace the already installed application with the new version?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]it says the domain is untrusted. how can i change it?[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: not exactly Reply with quote

yes i got the file from the main website. The one you told me to download it from wasn't on the list of search results. just sites that had those words. BUT, i found it under http://www.salling.com/wap. and i told it to replace the version i had on my phone. i chose the .jar file for my phone.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: not exactly Reply with quote

Hm. Search results? I didn't ask you to [b]search[/b] for "wap.salling.com", I asked you to enter this URL in your phone's browser. Something in what you're saying now tell me you didn't do it this way, did you?

Don't hesitate letting me know if it's still confusing to figure out how to launch the browser on your phone. Also, please make sure to not use Opera Mini for this download as it makes it difficult for us to detect what phone you have.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]yes i got the file from the main website. The one you told me to download it from wasn't on the list of search results. just sites that had those words. BUT, i found it under http://www.salling.com/wap. and i told it to replace the version i had on my phone. i chose the .jar file for my phone.[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: you see... Reply with quote

my phone browser FORCES me to search for what i want. it wont let me enter a web address like on Firefox. the so-called browser my phone has is MEdiaNet. the only other things that get online is my email program and the Cingular Mall. Sorry if i'm giving you a hard time.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: you see... Reply with quote

Ugh. Are you sure? I don't think they've actually made their own browser (but I could be wrong) but rather changed the start-page and possibly re-branded it.

On uncrippled Sony Ericsson phones, you will find the option to enter an address if you press the "More" softkey from within the browser.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mecha_maniac"]my phone browser FORCES me to search for what i want. it wont let me enter a web address like on Firefox. the so-called browser my phone has is MEdiaNet. the only other things that get online is my email program and the Cingular Mall. Sorry if i'm giving you a hard time.[/quote]
mecha_maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: there it goes! Reply with quote

it doesnt have the bar telling me what the right option button does but it brings up a menu with a option to enter a address. i have never used the browser in my phone so i never read on how to use it. guess i have a reason now. and its working! thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: